Do I need to reinstall fresh?

Reefor

6 hours ago, 7531Leonidas said:

Many NPC mods use their own bodies, which you would have to build individually in BSlide to get them to work w/physics.  I try to use as many 'default' body options for my NPC mods as a result.  I am not well-versed in using BS with individual mods, and I know that there is a way to cut and paste your default body (and skin) into most, if you can find the proper folder(s).  If you have SkyUI running well, there is also FSMPM - The FSMP MCM ( https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/104462 ).

One or more of the CBPC 'reinstaller' files on the CBBE 3BA page ( https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/30174 ) might help, especially the physics reinstaller, so you can experiment with changes more easily.

Thanks, I already had the CBBE 3BA physics reinstaller loaded from a couple of years ago, I just forgot about it.

I also saw the FSMP but didn't know what to make of it. When I'm running physics, am I running the physics in the CBBE 3BA mod or the Faster HDT-SMP mod, or both somehow? I don't really understand how the mods work together (CBBE 3BA, Faster HDT-SMP,& CBPC).

Is the FSMP just a way to adjust physics while I'm in game?

In regard to the bodys, for the added NPCs I copy and paste the premade mesh into the mods folder so that's not a real problem. I haven't added back in any of those mods yet though, I'm trying to get vanilla fixed first because I have some NPC replacers that I will add back in soon. The replacers use the CBBE mesh and for the life of me I can't figure out how to make it use the Amazing Body settings & mesh

Edited by Reefor

Nothing seems to be working.

I installed FSMPM & the ConsoleUtil but nothing's showing up in my MCM

I've been reinstalling CBBE, Faster HDT-SMP, CBPC, & Caliente's over and over trying different combinations of things and now I'm not even getting the spells to use to turn on SMP anymore. And CBPC is still doing nothing.

Faster HDT-SMP just had an update, got my hopes up, but it didn't help.

I tried to make bodies for the vanilla NPCs in body slide using all 4 types (CBBE Body, CBBE Body Physics, CBBE Body Special, & CBBE 3BBB Body Amazing) and none of the changes are showing up in game. When I get back to it I guess I'll try to take a look at the meshes in whatever mod they're in (Calientes maybe) in NifScope and see if bodyslide is changing them at all.

I at least figured out my skeleton problem -> forgot to turn on Racemenu. But that's little consolation.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I've been at it for a week and this is the last day I can spend on this for a while. SMH

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions....... or if I'm just chasing my tail because these mods still have to update for the newest update of skyrim, please let me know.

I'll try to spend more time on this next weekend.

Edited by Reefor

I'm a dope. I realized that I was testing the physics on an NPC mod that has it's own mesh & skeleton. I tested a regular vanilla NPC and the physics are working. Still no FSMPM in my MCM, but as long as the physics are working, I'm good.

I also applied the changes I made in body slide by simply copying and pasting the mesh from Caliente's into the mod's mesh folder.

I have another question and will start a new thread. It's about getting physics to work on an older NPC replacer that has it's own mesh & skeleton.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help, and sorry for being such a dope