In-game settings doesnt save

GeminaLuna

Hello everyone,

After one whole christmas month of fixing mod related errors because I felt like playing Skyrim in the holidays (didn't happen), everything is seemingly working NOW. besides 1 thing - the settings menu in game. It wont save.

The sound settings wont save at all. The game settings, there are only a few things that wont save, and I've found a mod https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/106418?tab=description that fixes this, but it disables my UI texture. Fantastic.

I know this might have something, or rather everything to do with SkyUI. I have already googled and tried everything I could find on the first 3 pages.
I can see that people have had this issue for 7 years and there seem to be no solution for it so far?

I would be able to fix it, if I knew where the in game settings is saved. It is not in the controlmap_custom file as I've seen suggested on the interwebs, I believe that skyUI takes control and put it in another file? If I just knew where that file was, I could adjust the settings manually in that ini I guess?

Edited by GeminaLuna
misspelled

• 4 months later...