[Bug] 'Burnt' textures on the ground. Please help.

Wolfar15

So a few months ago I started noticing these weird-looking 'burnt' splotches on the ground in many places in the game. I don't remember when they first started showing up so I don't know if a mod or mods are causing it but I don't have any grass mods and the issue persists despite changing my tree mod. I have over 300 mods installed so disabling all of them and re-enabling them until I find the issue is hopefully a last resort. I've tried searching on Google for this issue but can't find the exact issue that I'm dealing with. Please see the attached screenshots, any help would be appreciated.

img1

img2

img3

img4

Looks absolutely like a bad texture (or multiple). I had the exact same kind of 'darkening' once while working on my own landscape textures.

Sadly, I don't recall what exactly the problem/solution was ...

Well, not something the average mod-user could fix easily.

Anyway, look for a landscape (texture) altering mod in your load order. That's the cause.

Edited by RoNin1971

On 1/5/2024 at 8:26 AM, RoNin1971 said:

Looks absolutely like a bad texture (or multiple). I had the exact same kind of 'darkening' once while working on my own landscape textures.

Sadly, I don't recall what exactly the problem/solution was ...

Well, not something the average mod-user could fix easily.

Anyway, look for a landscape (texture) altering mod in your load order. That's the cause.

Absolutely.

To the OP.

Make a save.

make another save

From this 2nd save disable a ground changing texture you may have as a mod and then travel to a location you have not been at yet.

If its fixed you identified the one.

If not revert to previous save and rinse and repeat.