alt Colors and/or Textures needed for Institute Building Kit Walls :(

Drivinghard

I wouldn't even launch the game if i didn't have 'Whisper's Institute Build Kit" at all i can't imagine ..
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/55563

however, it gets tired quickly with only having ONE color and shade of WALLS available in this otherwise amazing settlement building kit mod
be nice to have about 6 different color/texture choices for the walls in this mod don't you think ??

Cheers,
W.

ScreenShot942b.png

• 3 weeks later...

It might. (be nice)

However, you would need to suggest it to the mod author. If he/she doesn't want to, you can ask permission to do so yourself. If not given, you can't do it (& share / distribute it)

Your best option would therefor be to do so yourself, for your personal use (only!).

Its not that hard to do.

By far the easiest would be to extract the textures from the mod & change them. But that would still leave you no choice (to have several, in game)

More advanced would be to copy all items in CK, create alternative materials & use material swaps (swapping one material for another, which changes the texture for that item) then add recipes for each new mesh. (copy exisitng, rename, swap model for the one with material swap)

Of course you would need some graphics skills & GIMP (or similar) to create & export the *_d.dds diffuse maps with alternative colors.