Fix for Witcher 3 Next-Gen bug where the combat SFX are muffled when they hit enemies

crthumann

Ever since the patch 4.00 release, the sound effects of my swords hitting enemies sound muffled. I did not have this issue with the earlier versions. Several others have complained about it yet apparently, only a select few have this issue.

(Here's a link from someone who has this issue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT3KaKtQYEI )

I tried messing with my sound settings, both in-game and with my speakers. Didn't work. I logged onto the CD Projekt Red forum to ask for help, but no one answered.

I also tried looking for a mod that fixes this as there have been numerous ones addressing next-gen issues (like with the movement input lag). Unfortunately, I couldn't fine one. Can someone please create or send a link to a mod that fixes this audio issue?

• 2 months later...

Hello i tried many things but only this one works for me, Here: Go to your Sound settings and choose your playback device => Properties => Advanced tab => change your default format into 24 bit 96000ghz studio Quality or turn off Spatial Sound

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2024 at 10:55 AM, Aeovin said:

Hello i tried many things but only this one works for me, Here: Go to your Sound settings and choose your playback device => Properties => Advanced tab => change your default format into 24 bit 96000ghz studio Quality or turn off Spatial Sound

I've already tried turning off the Spatial Sound but my SFX still sounded muffled when I hit enemies with my swords. I'll try that 24 bit 960000ghz option, though I have to redownload my game. I'll let you know whether or not it works.