Modding, Baldur's Gate 3, Mod Fixer. What is going on? Help please.

razeiel

The short of it is, I got to the end of a modded playthrough with one other person. In order to finish the game we had to  unequip and de-level ourselves (Withers), remove all our mods, turn in and get some quests triggered, then re-instate the mods. Reading up on the issue, it seems to be a problem with Mod Fixer and I can find no solution besides what we did.

Now, we'd like to do another runthrough, change up our mods and such. The bottom line is that solution is unlikely to work again considering the mods we'd like to use. Even trying mods that don't list the Mod Fixer as a requirement ends up with us (say it, if you know it) standing on a beach naked instead of in character creation.

My question ultimately is: Are we stuck for it? We can use Mod Fixer and risk a game lock, revert to vanilla, or wait?

I'm hoping I'm wrong, that I'm just missing some setting, file, or step I skipped because I'm impatient. But if I'm right, it would really help to know so I can stop agonizing.

-Thanks.

As far as I can tell you will need mod fixer for ANY mod that edits the nautiloid  (possibly only ones that edit the tutorial chest, but I haven't gone back and taken those out to confirm).  If you remove mod fixer from any mods that have it built in youi can install the standalone mod fixer to get through character creation and then uninstall it once youi have a game save.  As far as I can tell mod fixer forces the story cache to rebuild so you should only need it to run once (at CC) then you should be good, but I haven't finished ACT 2.  If youi get the naked dudes and no ability to do anything later on my guess would be install mod fixer to get past and then take it out after saving a bit further, but YMMV.  (I would say this is a LOT riskier on an Honor mod b/c I made a save both before and after each install/uninstall. 

NP 🙂  

If anyone finds this and needs to know how to remove it from a mod that has it added (or to check a mod for it if you can't use the mod-manager).  Obviously don't remove it from the standalone fixer [ 🙂 ].

If you want to take it out of a mod,  unpack the mod with the bg3 multi-tool (https://github.com/ShinyHobo/BG3-Modders-Multitool),  look for "  ForceRecompile.txt  " delete that file,   repack.