ℹī¸ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Mod Creators - Just a Thought to share

jjb54

Try not to link your mod or quests to base game quests please.

IE: Buildings - Places - as some of us might not be wanting to play the Base Quests ... as we've played them way too often.

I decided this time around, I was just going to explore QUEST MODS / NEW LANDS.

Some excellent mods .. but sadly, 1 Mod required Base Game Quest to be done, before you could find / complete it's quest. That kind of killed it for me, 2/b honest. It's a GREAT MOD .. but it required MASS FUSION Quest to be done and the Fort Hagen / Kellogg to be done, if you wanted to finish the Mods Main Quest. 😞

I did TCL w/the MF building and got to the Quest Marker .... but Fort Hagen triggered to many Base Quests ... that well I realized I was going to have to "go there" if I wanted to move forward.

Anyways, just something to think about ... 

Thanks for reading! 🙂

A lot of modders tie their quest mods to main quest related events to assure that it's integrated naturally into the game. Which makes sense in a lot of cases, since mods can feel really out of place quickly. I'm afraid that you won't play my upcoming quest mod when it releases...

So, everybody who likes quests to be integrated or depending on vanilla stuff is out of luck, because you don't like/want it?

mod authors create what they like. You are welcome to play such mod if you like it too, or move on to the next if you don't

1 hour ago, 363rdChemicalCompany said:

Ronin,

I can see where he is coming from.

Sometimes you just want to start a new playthrough and just play the mod.

I can understand that.

But to ask for all mods to be tailored to your wishes, totally ignoring the wishes of others, is the wrong way to go about it. IMHO.

11 hours ago, RoNin1971 said:

So, everybody who likes quests to be integrated or depending on vanilla stuff is out of luck, because you don't like/want it?

mod authors create what they like. You are welcome to play such mod if you like it too, or move on to the next if you don't

Dude, where did I even suggest your statement???

5 hours ago, 363rdChemicalCompany said:

Ronin,

I can see where he is coming from.

Sometimes you just want to start a new playthrough and just play the mod.

Thank you ... I'm glad someone " got it ".... 🙂

3 hours ago, RoNin1971 said:

I can understand that.

But to ask for all mods to be tailored to your wishes, totally ignoring the wishes of others, is the wrong way to go about it. IMHO.

Your post makes it sound for more "harsh" and "demanding" than the OP even suggests.

I stated .. " .. try not to link ..." and I explained my reason. It was NOT as harsh sounding as you made it sound.

34 minutes ago, jjb54 said:

Your post makes it sound for more "harsh" and "demanding" than the OP even suggests.

I stated .. " .. try not to link ..." and I explained my reason. It was NOT as harsh sounding as you made it sound.

Well, your asking nicely, but the harsh way I made it sound (deliberately I admit) is what the request comes down to.

Doesn't mean I don't understand your wish, albeit unachievable.

but sadly, 1 Mod required Base Game Quest to be done

... I mean really, that one mod out of your collection simply isn't for you, but others who do like/appreciate the requirement.

If there where no or few mods without such requirement a request for more would be totally understandable.

But to request everybody to, please, stop doing that ... well, I disagree.