Mix up Tes5 and Fo4 like a big box of Lego?

oiessel

Hi, maybe i sound silly, but let's be frank about it: Skyrim and fo4 are the same game under the hood.

They share the same CK (pity not the same love :/) and a lot of assets are the same, so how hard could it be to import fully functional fo4 stuff (animations/3d models) in to skyrim or viceversa? I dream of the ultimate Shadowrun sandbox 😛

genuinely asking here.

Skyrim has an engine limitation that all creatures can't have unique skeletons or animations. Its why all creature mods are just re-skins of vanilla creatures. Clearly bethesda doesn't suffer from this limit. The Beyond Skyrim project has also found a work around, though they haven't shared any of these creatures with the public for some strange reason. They did release the giant snail models, but they set them to use horker animations for some reason. This is obvious when you look at their videos showing it, compared to how they move in Skyrim. Point I'm trying to make is that it wouldn't be possible to import Fallout's creatures into Skyrim. The models could be re-used, but they would have to be rigged to a skeleton/animation set that came with Skyrim. Ghouls for instance would probably move and behave like draugr and skeletons. Deathclaws would probably behave just like werewolves, including roaring when they spawn in.

Honestly the only things that could be imported are models. Nothing else could be carried over. Also, I believe I have seen some fallout mods imported to Skyrim, though these mostly consist of clothing mods. I think a weather mod or something did get ported or re-made though, no idea which one it is though.

Oh, and just because the two games were made with the creation kit doesn't mean its the same version. They've been updating this engine for decades now. Just look at morrowind. It was made with a far older version of the same program. Just see how different it is under the hood. Even its console commands, which are literally the language the game is programed in, are often completely different.