GOG or Steam for mods?

NeuroticPixels

Hi. It’s a shame the Nexus store doesn’t have Cyberpunk 2077 plus the DLC for Steam for sale. But, it’s still really epic that it’s in the Nexus store at all! 😀

So I was wondering, will having the game on GOG cause any issues for mods?

I’ve had issues in the past with other games that had mods only compatible with the Steam version. I don’t want to buy the GOG version if that’s going to be the case.

Thanks in advance for your input!

GOG is run by CDPR, it is the definitive version of the game which gives the most money to the devs and nothing to a third party like Valve.

And, the answer to your actual question is no. I have hundreds of mods on my GOG copy of Cyberpunk & PL.

This is not like the DRM free version of Skyrim on GOG. (yeah go that problem myself)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I prefer gog. Modding gog version has worked for me without issue. It doesn't seem to have the extra steps that gogs skyrim has.  When the gog version updates the base game or you verify/repair on gog it takes a little longer. With gog you don't have drm issues, can more easily disable auto updates and, is easier to play games offline. Keep in mind this is just my opinion. 

• 3 weeks later...