Revive the frozen members of Vault 111.

0piuM2

Simply put, you can unfreeze the other frozen people and recruit them to Sanctuary or as a follower.  It would require a ton of work to make the NPC believable, but I just think it's weird that everyone else stays frozen forever.

Maybe someone could create a framework and then maybe companion modders could pick a single person out of all the frozen people and work on them?  This is obviously the pipe-dream idea, and I understand that.

If anyone uses this.  You don't need to thank or credit me for the idea.  You are doing all the work.

+1

Technically they're dead since life support failed, but are clearly frozen and preserved, as if no time has passed since they died.

I believe Fallout has the means technologically and supernaturally so a mod that made them unique them unique settlers would be awesome, just have some sort of explanation like taking a doctor to resuscitate them and/or shots of mysterious serum for example.

Maybe it's my Start Me Up Redux but the only frosty one is Shaun's parent who Kellogg shot. In the Memory Den section having to do with the incident from Kellogg's POV, the others in Vault 111's pods were revived like Shaun's other parent (or the Vault Survivor if you choose the Not Shaun's Parent option) and not put back into hibernation. (Vanilla may have them messed up, I honestly don't remember as it's been several years since I installed Start Me Up and Redux when that came along).

They're quite dead, I fear, but the pods did go hermetic. Honestly, I'm not surprised that the programmers didn't bother with mummification textures but I wish I were.

This idea has been around since the beginning, but it appears to be near impossible ( / a serious load of work).

I've seen some talk of experiments, but nothing really working. (they keep their frozen look, for one.)

Besides a ton of changes to the game / lore. (MC != sole survivor)

On 2/17/2024 at 12:23 AM, ImmortalAbsol said:

+1

Technically they're dead since life support failed, but are clearly frozen and preserved, as if no time has passed since they died.

I believe Fallout has the means technologically and supernaturally so a mod that made them unique them unique settlers would be awesome, just have some sort of explanation like taking a doctor to resuscitate them and/or shots of mysterious serum for example.

Time of death?

As I understood it (but could be totally wrong) the life support failure occurred at the moment your pod opens and you get out.

So, that would be the moment they died.

Theoretically you could still save (or revive) at least some of 'm if you could open all the pods right after getting out of your own.

If frozen beyond -20C they will still be in pretty good condition, even if they all died during the kidnapping. (although, technically, freezing would kill them right away, in the real world.)

• Like 1

As they were not put back into Cryogenic hibernation like Survivor and Spouse they would have asphyxiated within a couple hours of Kellogg and the Institute staffers leaving with Shaun. So, yeah, dead and hermetically preserved that way for 60 years. The computers mention that life support was not engaged for them if you check the terminals in the cryo chambers.

Just read a wiki about it, as its been a long time since i last ran around kellogs brain.

it says he was ordered not to reactivate life support for the others. Just you & spouce. (not much life to support for the spouce though) 

it doesn't say anything about cryo. They all look frozen, so it must have been on all this time. (or the lore is a contradiction, which is a huge possibility as well, with Beth)

I believe they were cryogenically frozen at least up until the announcement saying critical failure on cryogenic array, and that the life-support and cryo were separate systems.

I imagine, by Fallout logic, a modified super-stimpack and resuscitation/defib would be enough. Especially if mysterious serum were involved. But it would need to be quicker than you you could get the serum and a medical professional, although AFT gives you up to meeting Kellogg to rescue your spouse, and they have a bullet hole.

So I guess I'm saying it's not more unusual to resurrect the recently suffocated than it is to resurrect the recently shot in the chest, as some other mods allow.

I'm no modder but I would imagine if the NPCs in the pods cause a lot of issues then a script that replaces them with copies from the prologue, after meeting certain conditions, might be better?

Maybe even if you do everything you can, it should be a dice roll based on the steps you took wether or not it will work, adding stakes and a little realism.

Most (if not all) of the frozen residents have pre-cryofreeze character models in the files. There's also this mod, for those who just want to use the pre-war character models as settlers:

Many More Survivors - 60 Summonable PreWar Settlers at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)

I have wasteland-ified versions of the pre-war NPCs in my upcoming "Diverse Settlers," too, so there is that.

Edited by rsm000rsm
  • Like 1

I must admit, those who like Curie reviving the spouse might find it just a bit more plausible if she's regeared to revive the rest. It would involve a lot of voiced convos getting added and quests as well as getting them used to the Commonwealth (and, like as not, the Quincy Survivors) would be a mod's worth of material. (The spousal Companion perk is Test of Time; I would suggest the mod and questline for the 111s to be titled After the Fire. (Heck, imagine the talks between the 111s and the Vault-Tec Salesman! They remember his ass.))

• Like 1