MOD idea/wish, healer specialization for druids

memberunknow

Hello Modder and Community

I wrote the idea to a modder in his comment section and he said the idea is solid, I should try it here since he has too little experience with class mods.

So I'm copying my idea here.

I think it's a shame that the druid doesn't have his own healing specialization. I like to heal, but I prefer to heal based on nature spells.

I could have made my ideas much bigger, but I would have had to leave the level of the current base toolset and the mod would need a lot more external tools.

So I've tried to design this so that the base game itself should suffice as a template.

Of course, this is to be seen as a basic framework and can be freely expanded and adapted by those who wish to do so.

I just want to give some food for thought as to what a druid healer should be like in order to really differentiate themselves from clerics as healers.

Here is my idea, copied over from the comments section.

The basic idea:

The druid with healing specialization, can't summon elementals, or conjure flaming sphere. All frost spells and lightning spells as well as flame blade, fire wall and thunder spells are not available in the spell table.
All spells listed below are only available in the Healer specialization and do not affect the other specializations.

The druid in this specialization gains a new shapeshifter form into a dryad or plant form, if not otherwise feasible.

As a bonus for the specialization.

Level 2: Shillelagh gains the bonus to increase all hot effects by 3 rounds as indicated in the spells and 1.5x the Wisdom modifier.
Level 4: Dryad form available.
Level 7: Many spells no longer require concentration when cast in dryad form, as indicated in the spells.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cantrips / Lvl 1 Spells

*Shillelagh -> new: Shillelagh now increases the duration of all HoT effects by 3 turns and increases the value of the Wisdom modifier by 1.5 times for spells that include this.

*Thorn Whip -> new: range doubled in dryad form.

*Create or Destroy Water -> new Water of Life: Water of Life is a HoT that heals all friendly creatures in its area of effect for 2-4d per round + the druid's Wisdom modifier. Can be extended by Shillelagh accordingly. If Water of Life is used as Destroy Water by the druid who created the Hot, the spell immediately heals all creatures (including enemy creatures) for 1-2d x the remaining rounds of the spell. No bonus from Wisdom, but includes all round extensions. With each higher spell level of destroy water, the healing is increased by one die, up to a maximum of 1-7d x remaining rounds of the water of life. Visually, you can make this so that it copies Fog Cloud only in a slightly light green transparent color, for example, but should not look like a poison spell)

*Cure Wounds -> new: spell name Regrowth. The touched creature gains a HoT equal to 2-4d + the druid's Wisdom modifier. The duration of the HoT is equal to the level at which the spell was cast, but a minimum of 2 rounds at spell level 1, i.e. 2-7 rounds + 3 rounds from Shillelagh if active, i.e. a maximum of 5-10 rounds with Shillelagh. Multiple castings of the spell do not add up on a target.

*Entangle -> new: All plant creatures, dryads (including the druid form dryad), gain double their movement rate on this area, cannot be slowed or knocked down and are healed of all poisons and diseases at the end of the round. All creatures with the Barkskin spell regain 1-4d health each round. The healing value of the spell doubles every 3 spell levels. The size of the area can be increased with each level. Entangle no longer requires concentration when cast in dryad form and can be canceled manually if desired. If the spell Daylight is cast on Entangle, the roots are strengthened and all targets in the area of effect must pass a saving throw per round or are automatically held.

*Faerie Fire -> new: In addition to the previous effect, all invisible creatures whose saving throw fails and makes them visible suffer glancing damage equal to 1-4d + an additional 1-4d per spell level, up to a maximum of 7-4d at 6th level. Affects all creatures, including all friendly/party members. From druid level 7 in dryad form, concentration is no longer required, but spell can be canceled if desired.

*Goodberry -> new: Thrown berries create a small slippery area that can bring down enemies/friends. Eating the berries, creates a weak 10 turn HoT that regenerates 1-4d HP per turn. Does not benefit from Shillelagh + duration. The number of berries summoned is doubled per spell level, up to a maximum of 24 berries at spell level 6. An option automatically distributes the berries evenly among all party members.

*Healing Word -> new name Barrier of Life: Barrier of Life is no longer a healing spell, but a damage absorption spell (temporary hit points).
Life protection absorbs damage equal to the spell value of the actual healing spell and more depending on the spell level. Lifeshield gains resistance to poison and necrotic damage, but is vulnerable to acid and lightning damage. The protective shield lasts 4 turns if it is not overcome by damage beforehand. If it is not refreshed by the spell again, the shield expires (temporary HP disappears) and heals all surrounding allies within 2 meters of the remaining buffer, evenly distributed. The maximum strength of the shield is equal to the druid's spell level + double wisdom modifier. If you cast the spell on an existing shield and generate more absorption than the maximum value, all overhealing jumps to the nearest friendly, most injured target within 6 meters and heals it according to the value.

Level 2 Spells

*Barkskin -> new: The AC is no longer set to 16, but the spell makes you resistant to physical and acid damage. Barkskin is vulnerable to fire and slows the target to 75% of the normal movement rate, the jump range is halved. The spell no longer requires concentration when cast in dryad form, but gains a duration of 5 turns x the druid's wisdom modifier. With every 2nd spell level above level 2, the spell can be cast simultaneously on a further target, up to a maximum of 3 targets at spell level 6. If the character ends his turn in the Daylight area of effect, the spell's duration is automatically renewed to its maximum. Barksin also has synergies with some other spells, see the relevant spell.

*Spike Growth -> new: If the spell is cast in dryad form, it no longer requires concentration.
All creatures that are in the area of effect for more than one round and take damage from movement receive the Bleed effect for 2 rounds, dealing an additional 1-2d damage per round. If the creature remains in the area of effect or enters it again without the bleeding damage having expired, the bleeding damage is doubled after a further round and so on. If Spike Growth is affected by the spell Daylight and is not affected by any darkening spells, a Gasping Vine grows in the area of effect every 2nd round with the corresponding effect of the spell, up to a maximum of 3 Gasping Vines.

*Gust of Wind -> new: If Gust of Wind is cast on Plant Growth with Daylight cast on its area and generates healing per distance traveled, Plant Growth's area of effect flares up, carrying healing spores through the air and healing all creatures in Gust of Wind's area of effect by 10 times the spell's base healing + double the druid's Wisdom modifier. The effect is enhanced by the spell Shillelagh.

Level 3 Spells

*Daylight -> new: If Daylight is cast on Entangle, Plan Growth, Spike Growth, Gasping Vine or Thorn Wall, or if these areas are in the effect area of Daylight, they trigger a synergy. See the corresponding spell. Barkskin is also refreshed to the maximum duration when the round ends in the area of effect.

*Plant Growth -> new: In addition to the effect of the spell, it gains some synergies with other spells.
If Create Water is cast on Plant Growth, or if Plant Growth is cast on the area of effect of Create Water, the slowing effect is increased to 90%.
If Plant Growth is in the effect area of Daylight, each creature is healed by 1-2d health points for every 1.5 meters traveled. If Plant Growth is in the Moonbeam effect area, all creatures are turned into a sheep for one round if the saving throw fails.

Level 4 Spells

*Conjure Woodland Being -> new: The spell is now available in 2 variants and is a ritual spell that does not require a spell slot. Only one Woodland Being can be conjured at a time. Charge short rest.
Variant 1 is a healer. She stays far away from the battlefield and primarily casts Healing Word (barrier of life, maximum spell level 4 + double the druid's practice bonus) on allies. Apart from the staff attack enchanted with Shillelagh, she only knows Throne Whip with double range as an attack that deals damage. Her spells are Gust of Wind to push enemies away and Plant Growth. From a distance, she likes to work on her enemies with the new version of Goodberry to make them lie down when she doesn't need or want to heal^^.

Variant 2 is a Supporter who focuses more on Disability. She mainly casts Entangle, Faerie Fire on hidden creatures she notices and Heat Metal to disarm enemies if they are carrying a weapon. She also summons a forest spirit to protect her, which summons Barkskin on itself and can protect its mistress with Throne Whip, constantly seeking close combat but never straying too far away from its master (maximum 12 meters in a radius) A real watchdog, which then draws enemies towards itself with Throne Whip. If the enemies get too close, or decide to do so, the last option is Poison Spray.

*Grasping Vine -> new: The vine not only draws enemies towards it, but its small thorns now also deal 3-6d poison damage per hit. If Daylight is cast on the Grasping Vine, it can draw enemies from 40% further away and the poison damage causes a further 2-6d poison damage in the following round.

*Polymorph -> new: Polymorph no longer requires concentration when cast in dryad form, but can only be cast on a maximum of 1 target.

Level 5 Spells

*Insect Plague -> new: Insect Plague no longer requires concentration in dryad form. In addition to the existing effects, there are synergies with the spell Goodberry and the spell Faerie Fire.

If Insect Plague is cast on the area of the slippery surface of the thrown Goodberry, or if a Goodberry is thrown into the area of Insect Plague and creates a surface, the insects are caught in a feeding frenzy. All affected creatures in the Insect Plague area take an additional 2-8d piercing damage per round + the druid's Wisdom modifier.

If Insect Plague is cast in the area of Faerie Fire, or Faerie Fire is cast in the area of Insect Plague, the insects burn instantly, dealing 4-8d + the druid's Wisdom modifier of stinging fire damage that can blind foes for 3 rounds, as well as creating an area of fire that continues to burn for one round, dealing an additional 1-8d + the druid's Wisdom modifier of fire damage.

*Mass Cure Wounds -> new name Winds of Renewal: Winds of Renewal is now a spell that surrounds and pulses the druid. It is therefore a kind of turn-based spell, like a harpy's spell to entice, which can no longer do anything else. However, it requires concentration to maintain. It heals the same amount of HP per round as the original spell.
The druid is surrounded by gentle healing winds and leaves that heal all friendly creatures within a 12 meter radius of the druid. If the druid's concentration is disturbed, he is dazed for one round and cannot perform any actions during that round, and is at a disadvantage against all attacks. The maximum duration of the spell is 10 rounds + bonus from Shillelagh. The spell can be cast in both forms.

Level 6 Spells

*Heal -> new: The spell can now optionally be converted into a spell that can be used again for 6 rounds without consuming a spell slot.
If the spell is converted in this way, it can only be used on targets on which the spells Regrowth (old: Cure Wounds) or Barrier of Life (old: Healing Word) are active.
In this case, the Heal spell is renamed Refresh and loses all other effects (cure blindness and remove all diseases) except for healing, which is changed as follows.

When refresh is applied to one of the current spells (Regrowth/Barrier of Life), it increases its duration by one round and heals the same amount as the original spell heals in that round, including any other bonuses that the spell itself has. Concentration is required to maintain the Refresh spell for 6 rounds.
Shillelagh has no effect on the duration of Refresh. Can be used in normal or dryadic form.

*Wall of Thorns -> new: When Wall of Thorns is rained upon by the Create Water spell, it drops a number of goodberries equal to twice the druid's Wisdom modifier next to it within a radius of 3 meters after another 2 rounds after the rain. Enemies slip on the berries, party members and friendly creatures receive a one-time healing per berry of 2-4d and a bonus to their movement rate of 4 meters for one turn.
After another 4 turns, Wall of Thorns drops berries again, but then disappears at the end of the turn. If it is not sprinkled by the Create Water spell, it behaves as described and remains as long as the duration is even, or it is sprinkled later and behaves according to the specified parameters.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the figures are of course not fixed and must be balanced by the community and experience. It may well be that some things are too strong, or later too weak and need to be adjusted so as not to be completely OP, or too bad, etc.

Further ideas and changes can also be made :)
This is a suggestion, not set in stone.

I have tried not to change the existing system in order to avoid any extra. Add Ons for other spells, but to leave the existing set of spells and only adapt them accordingly.

Of course, I'm probably a bit naive and don't realize the complexity behind this.

All the best for the future.

ps
I did it all with a translator because my English is a bit poor.