Barred Door With Cell Transition

Hi, im having problems to setup a barred door from one to another cell.

I would like to have the barred door script apply to two doors. To the door in the cell the barrier is visible and the transition door of the other cell. I can only reference the SecurityBarBase01 to one door but not two.

Therefore the script only applies to one cell and is not applied to the other cell.

The reason is simple i would like to limit access to certain cells. In grant access only if player char is one specific cell. Like i would like to apply a barrier to a door in The Dig cell which forces player char to finish the Dig in order to gain access to other subway tunnels.

Rather than do it with the door you may want to swap a door blocker overlay model in and out with a stateful script. 

Like how institute old robotics door (HitDoorLgBroken01 0011e97c) is managed with a broken model 1 unit in front of the working model.

11 hours ago, SKK50 said:

Rather than do it with the door you may want to swap a door blocker overlay model in and out with a stateful script. 

Like how institute old robotics door (HitDoorLgBroken01 0011e97c) is managed with a broken model 1 unit in front of the working model.

I will try that.

Also found myself testing to use an EnableObject script (vanilla) which disabled a duplicate door blocker in the other cell. Like once the blocker is removed in Cell 1 and blocker in Cell 2 is disabled and/or swapped by a working door.

I really love the blocked door sound letting player char know that its impossible in its current state to proceed and find a different route.

Edited by Qrsr

12 hours ago, SKK50 said:

unfortunately that doesnt help me at all.

i would like to keep the barred door and have it disabled from another cell.

HOW?

Two sets of doors - barred (fake) and load at same coords. Chain gets disabled by default script when activated, use chain object as Enable parent for those pairs, direct and opposite respectively. All could be persistent?, or maybe chain only (+ load doors?), could try how goes.

Edited by hereami
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, hereami said:

Two sets of doors - barred (fake) and load at same coords. Chain gets disabled by default script when activated, use chain object as Enable parent for those pairs, direct and opposite respectively. All could be persistent?, or maybe chain only (+ load doors?), could try how goes.

THANKS!

EDIT1: worked for the chain. since the chain is disabled when used.

now im playing around with the barred door setup, those metal plugs blocking the door.

EDIT2: Worked by using the collision marker as enable parent since disabled when done too.

Good lord you helped me so much!!! Made my day.

Edited by Qrsr
thanks
  • Like 1

Well, use of securityBarScript is even more simple than i thought, assuming we don't want custom scripts or chain.

Door A is external teleport, door B is internal (on latch side) teleport, door C is non-functional replacer (or maybe just a cover* as SKK50 mentioned) for door B. Set door C (initially enabled) as EnableParent for B (opposite state), unless *. Link C to latch by LinkCustom02, link A to latch by NULL (meaning latch holds links...). Script will disable LinkCustom02 when latch is disengaged (Property openLinkedDoorWhenDisengaged must be True) and implicitly enable* load door B. If cell can be reset, then door C should have DefaultEnableRefOnLoadOrReset script to sync with latch reset. Also C should have DefaultBlockActivationOnLoad and possibly PlaySoundOnActivate to play locked latch sound. Some nuance, i'm not sure how isOnBarSide function (getHeadingAngle()) would work in case of latch being in different cell and if wouldn't crash game (when locked A is activated), might possibly change the pair to A-C then if both cells do not ever reset, also the latch doesn't need be persistent in latter setup.

This is how i did it.

I set EnableStateToOppositeOfParent for the load doors (transition) doors all other to not and the EnableParent is the collision marker on the Int side. Once the Int side is used by player char the collision marker is disabled forcing the fake doors to disable too. And the Opps to enable thus the transition is unlocked.

Since i used for Int and Ext side the barred door pack-ins the sound files work perfectly fine as long as player char did not activate the Int door.

The only thing i did not manage to work perfectly fine is the SecurityBarBase01 activator is tied to the fake door animation and does not work for the transition (Int) door thus the Int door moves through the SecurityBarBase01. But that is close to minimal in terms of immersion. It works like a charm for now (at least for me) thanks to your help!

Edited by Qrsr