[SE] My mod keeps crashing the game, how to find cause?

Hello, I have been working on an elaborate mod for Skyrim SE and now it causes the game to crash to the desktop and I have no idea why. I have been experimenting with Snow Elf wayshrine since yesterday, setting up trigger boxes, levers and buttons, and trying to see what works to activate it. I created a new object from the wayshrine for the mod so I can experiment with it safely without affecting the original. I also experimented with adding different scripts to it, I hoped I could set it to be active from the get-go without any trigger boxes or levers. something I did must be causing this crash I think. before that, for the past few days, I have been making new NPCs for the mod as well, maybe they are an issue as well.

when i noticed these crashes while testing in the game i removed the stuff I placed, the button, trigger box, and wayshrine, from the area, but it is still happening. The crash is happening in a custom map I made for the mod.

My question is, is there a way, some logs and such that would allow me to find out what specifically is causing these crashes? I've been working on this mod for months and I'm kinda panicking now.

At the moment I am trying to check the mod in SSEEdit program but I have never used it before, I am trying to see if I made changes to any scripts by mistake and this causes the crash.

EDIT: i wanted to add that the crash is a clean exit, there is no noise or any crash message window, the game just exits to the desktop, i am unsure if something like that even would produce a crash dump or any logs or anything like that

Edited by JakubDaviau

You said you were making NPCs.    Do they have custom heads?   I suggest loading into a test area (coc qasmoke) and summoning the NPCs from your mod one by one via player.placeatme to see if any of them causes a crash.     I.e. pointing a high poly head NPC headpart at a non-HPH .tri is an instant  CTD as soon as that NPC enters player's view.    I once had a CTD cause a custom sword NPC carried had a bad texture.

Create a copy of your mod, take out all the NPCs from the copy, test out the map on its own.   

The wayshrine (seruinswaygate01.nif) has the shrine rising animation baked directly into the .nif with  4  separate script invoked controller sequences.   Messing with those controllers without knowing exactly what you are doing  is a common way of getting a CTD.    

Are you logging your Papyrus errors?   (That  page is for LE, for SSE you just go to SSE directory)

My NPCs don't have any custom head meshes so that should not be a reason, and they worked fine earlier, that is why I thought it was about they wayshrine. I started to doubt the wayshrine thing later because the crash does not happen in the spot where the wayshrine was but 2-3 cells away from it, around a town I made.
I did make a safety copy of the mod a few days ago and that works fine but a lot of my work from the last few days is gone.
I do think it was probably because I meddled with that wayshrine and scripts, I wanted the wayshrine to be open from the start and I was looking for something to "trigger" or actrivate it so it would be active, but while tinkering I must have messed something up and even removing the trigger box and the wayshrine not only from the area but from the mod all together (with SSEEdit thing) didn't work.

Is there a way, maybe in nifscope or something, to edit the wayshrine mesh to make it "active" (emerged from the ground) without any animation or script? I did check it out in nifscope and the mesh seems to have 3 animations but only one does anything, I was trying to see maybe if it would be possible to "rewind" the animation to the end state and then delete it so the mesh would be stuck in that position and function as a static, as I want, I did not save that or incorporate it into the mod I was just checking the file on the side. I did actually manage to get the weyshrine to work in the mod, I set up activator box with trap trigger script as an activator for the weyshrine and when player enters the box the weyshrine emerges, but right after I figured that out I noticed that crash problem.
I think I will just have to accept this blunder and work from the older version of the mod and remember to make more safety copies,
I don't want to give up on that wayshrine though, is there any way to use it safely?

EDIT: yes I do have the log thing on, I had some trouble finding the logs but I found them, i can't really see what's going on there though.
I also wanted to add that another thing that I added and haven't tested before the crashes were simple AI packages for the NPCs, some super simple sandbox ones worked fine but I tried making more elaborate one for NPC carrying wood from one pile to another, I thought that might be causing it but after removing it and the npc it didn't fix anything. For now, I am trying to recreate everything on the older version of the file, i still have fair hope for that wayshrine to work out somehow xD I even considered just taking mesh into blender and setting it up there but im not that good with 3d, and I never managed to export custom meshes from blender to Skyrim with collisions, at best they are in-game but without any collisions

Edited by JakubDaviau

If your mod is crashing out, it's likely that the papyrus logs don't show anything as they won't have had a chance to log the issue. You should check out crashlogger - which gives a stack dump at the time of the crash. It's often a bit indecipherable but if you post it on the page below, or even here, could be someone can track down the issue for you.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/106440