MoD request: Lanzer/Dragoon FFXIV, feasible in 12 levels?

memberunknow

I always liked the Lancer/Dragoon from FF 14, he was my main and I thought all the spear attacks and style chains that built on each other were very well done.

Would it be possible with a little effort to integrate a class like this into BG3?

It would probably be difficult with the jump attacks and to bring in animations and a few effects that result from fighting and jumping.

The sequence of attacks could either be done per round, or later with more attacks within a round + bonus action, if the previous attack of the chain has also hit.

The focus should clearly be on the spear attacks and the style chains that build on each other.

Since he does a lot of damage with his final end styles and sometimes in the radius, he has to be a little weaker elsewhere so that the other classes don't become spectators on the sidelines and applaud.

So his HP should be in the midfield.

The defense should also be weak.

No shield allowed, armor would have to go on plate like in FF14.

Jump attacks do not trigger attacks of opportunity.

His normal attacks should do less damage than those of a fighter class, but then his style chains make up for that, especially with finishing attacks.

Specialization on spears, pikes and harpoons as the only weapons he can carry or with which he can perform all class attacks. At most, a gleve would probably still look realistic.

I would add the class as a subclass to the fighter.

The style chains only require a resource for the final blow.

The best option here would be the spell slots of a paladin as a half-wizard, or a modified form of the monk's AI.

But you can also experiment a bit to find a good balance.

Well, I don't know if anyone is enthusiastic about tackling such an MoD. I think it would go well with BG3 and there are also suitable Feats for it. I've always thought that lance weapons are a viable class to take :)

Here is a reminder of what it looks like.

https://youtu.be/qIDVz0viU4Q?t=24

Of course it shouldn't be too massive effects in BG3, that wouldn't fit here. But you can certainly set the scene well with flame waves on landing or a thunderclap.

All the Best...