Skyrim: SaveGameInactiveContent error

FeycatG

Using the latest (12/19/2023) version of Vortex. Using JaySerpa's Gate to Sovengard collection. Using the Steam version of Skyrim, version 1.6.1170.0

IMPORTANT: I have not installed or uninstalled ANY mods since I got the collection up and running. No changes were made between one day and the next.

My current save has at least 100 hours on it, I'd never change my mod loadout in the middle of a playthrough.

I am in the Soul Cairn at the moment. I made a fresh save (I always make one before I log out) and when I went to log in a couple hours later, I got this error. In  the box, it says "SaveGameInactiveContent / fwmf for fantasy paper maps.esp / SaveGameMissingContentActivate." Again, NO changes were made to my mods or plugins.

I've checked the plugins page and that ESP is active and enabled.

I re-installed (from vortex) Flat World Map Framework FOMOD Lite, which is the mod attached to that plugin.

If I choose the "load anyway" button, the game crashes. If I try to start a new game, it ctd.

I have not loaded the game through Steam. I have not updated the game. I have restarted Vortex, re-deployed mods, re-sorted plugins and restarted my computer. Nothing works.

I'd guess that one or more of the mods in your collection are causing your issue, and since collections are just that... collections of mods,  whether you think you installed mods or not, you installed mods. In all likelihood, many mods.

You might post a copy of a crash log (to a spoiler tag container please) from a CTD event, so that maybe someone reading it can more accurately identify the source of your ctd(s). I think most 1.6x players use the Crash Logger mod, but I'm not sure.

I did a quick widenet search on  SaveGameInactiveContent and found this nexus forums thread. Since it indicates the issue is associated with 1.61X+ versions, (I never updated and am still on 1.5.97), that thread may or not have more info you can use.

there were other returns but it caught my eye.

best of luck