Broken Grenade Arc (stops after ~ 1 ft)

I've been working on a pack of stone age weapons and I'm trying to get a basic throwing knife working. No real issues with the basics, but the grenade arc absolutely refuses to work.

I get this result, seemingly no matter what.

https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/images/1151/79299-1710026957.png

I've tried remaking the projectile entry from scratch, rather than copying and editing an existing one. Also tried copying everything, including collision, from the throwing knives in Grenade Expansion Pack 2, which work fine. Tried with no collision on the projectile mesh, and a few other tweaks with keywords and whatnot. Absolutely nothing seems to get the arc working properly.

Would really appreciate any input here. Mod is nearly done, just need to iron out these little glitches.

Does it work with another .nif as 3D for the weapon form? The arc is casted somewhere from the grenade equip slot and while before throwing the grenade its 3D is not visible the mesh may still block the arc.

I've seen it before. Check the Projectile. Usually this happens if the Timer of the explosion is set to 0. Even if not using Alt. Trigger, set the timer to something > 0, for example 2.5 like the frag grenades.

1 hour ago, robotized said:

Really weird "requirement" for the grenade arcπŸ€”. Anyway, glad I could help.

Now that you mention it.. I made a grenade arc mod for Fat Man launchers once ("Trajectory Highlight for Fat Man and Nuka-nuke Launchers"), had to look it up how I made it and it seems I set the Alt. timer 0.6 for MIRV shells and 100 for normal shells to predict where the explosion would take place through the shader (i.e. 0.6 so the arc stops in the air where the MIRV would expload). I guess I should've taken notes during making mods.. anyway, I'm glad you remembered this. πŸ™‚Β