Mods not loading after recent vortex update

Hello

After updating vortex today (3/11/24), when i try to load any save file it will give me a warning that my mods are all disabled and my game will be unstable. Opening any save file causes the game to crash. In the past i have fixed this problem by reinstalling vortex but it still continues.  I have tried purging and redeploying the mods,uninstalling vortex and loading them through bg3mm. I am not very experienced of modding and I would appreciate any help/suggestions. Thanks.

Hi!

I have same kind of problem. But it does not to seem be Nexus related.

My symptoms are exactly the same as you but I did not have Nexus installed when they started yesterday. I tried every advice I could google up. I updated everything I could think of. I did extensive deleting and reinstalling files and caches. Nothing worked. Then I tried starting to use Nexus. That did nothing. I reinstalled the whole game. That did nothing either.

According to everything I've read and tried myself the problem (or the visible parts of the problems) seems to be the file BG3 reads when running the mods: modsettings.lsx

As I've understood it, that should be the file bg3 reads what mods to implement. But starting yesterday, instead of reading it the game rewrites it to empty and THEN reads it. So the effect is no mods are loaded because there is nothing on that file to read. Why this happens could be some kind of concurrency file handling problem but that remains for Larian to figure it out.

If not that and someone has a better guess what to do please advice!

Edited by Axiomsend

Just had this happen to me.

For me. It was something that the game did not think was formatting right resetting my modsettings.lsx file. I found the file at *userpath*\AppData\Local\Larian Studios\Baldur's Gate 3\PlayerProfiles\Public. To see if it is the same thing for you. Save your order in the BG3ModManger, export to game, and then go look at that file with notepad or wordpad. Check to see if the mod order was placed in the file. If it has, launch the game and then exit when you get the mod error. Check to see if the modsettings.lsx file had the mod order reset to be blank. If so, then your game is not likeing one or more of the mods in your order when you are trying to load it and is resetting that file. Imoporting the modfixer mod into the bg3modmanager and moving it left worked for me. Make sure that just the .pak file ends up in your mods folder. If it wasn't the modfixer, I would try loading in the mods one at a time on a new game to see which one breaks it.