LSLib Error

Go to solution Solved by Pickysaurus,

My Vortex version: 1.10.8

Game: Baldur's Gate 3

RAM: 16GB

Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

Local Disc: 682 Free of 1TB

Receiving "Failed to read pak. Please make sure you are using the latest vrsion of LSLib by using the "Reinstll LSLib/Divine" toolbar button on the Mods page.

I have done this multiple times. Completely uninstalled Vortex and all Mods. Attached are screen shots of what is currently installed and the error. Unable to proceed as NO mods deploy

Vortex LSLib erro 3222024 pt 2.png

Vortex LSLib erro 3222024.png

I am having this same exact issue. Zero mods will deploy even after a clean install. The LsLib tool also will not install/re-install correctly the first try. It will show up with a blank version number, and after a few tries, will eventually show a version number. Also, and this is MAJOR, it completely blows out your saved imports and exports, making it impossible to restore your load orders!! If you try to load an order from a different backup location, it errors out with version conflict messaging. Vortex will also try to deploy multiple times during this process, creating hundreds of notifications about failing to read pak's. In the 1st attached screenshot, you can see where the load order page has defaulted back to a fresh install even though I changed nothing on this profile. The 2nd shows some of the pak errors. 

Vortex 3-22-2024.png

Vortex 3-22-2024 2.png

Alright, found a fix. Reinstall .net and/or upgrade to 8.0.* and this will fix it. I went and looked in the logs, and it was failing on deploying because of .net version and permission errors. 

Fri, 22 Mar 2024 14:53:27 GMT - warn: Failed to read pak. Please make sure you are using the latest version of LSLib by using the "Re-install LSLib/Divine" toolbar button on the Mods page. text=divine.exe failed: 2147516466, message=Error: divine.exe failed: 2147516466
Fri, 22 Mar 2024 14:53:27 GMT - warn: [game-baldursgate3] You must install or update .NET to run this application.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, fAdRawb said:

Alright, found a fix. Reinstall .net and/or upgrade to 8.0.* and this will fix it. I went and looked in the logs, and it was failing on deploying because of .net version and permission errors. 

Fri, 22 Mar 2024 14:53:27 GMT - warn: Failed to read pak. Please make sure you are using the latest version of LSLib by using the "Re-install LSLib/Divine" toolbar button on the Mods page. text=divine.exe failed: 2147516466, message=Error: divine.exe failed: 2147516466
Fri, 22 Mar 2024 14:53:27 GMT - warn: [game-baldursgate3] You must install or update .NET to run this application.

I can confirm that this fixed the issue for me. simply updated to 8.0.3 and then reinstalled LSLib and redeployed the mods and it worked

I installed .Net 8.0 Now mod fixer is in the load order. I thought LsLib went there too, but it isnt. Reinstalled and got attached

So I closed relaunched Vortex and reinstalled LsLib still get error and only mod fixer in load order

Vortex LSLib erro 3222024 pt 3.png

Vortex LSLib erro 3222024 pt 4.png