Why only 51 hairstyles

Cymri

Apologies as I suck at coding so I'm probably just not understanding and also as am sure this has been asked before (although I can't find it in site searches) but why is there a hard cap at 51 hairstyles that can't be expanded?

Obviously Elder Scrolls games you can always add more.  But 2077 seems like there's a hard cap of 51 , since every style added is either a replacer or a wig.

Is it totally unchangeably hard coded at 51 styles?   It especially sucks since the devs give us some really God awful, boring, basically duplicate, and ugly hairstyles. They spent three slots just on different types of baldness.

There are some great hair collections out there but they always seem to be replacing styles that I would not want replaced, and it's suppisedly a bear to re-edit each to get it to be a different slot then the one it was set for, and all these problems would go away if we could just add more hair styles alongside the ones that already exist.  I mean it's not like we have 255 hairstyles yet, and the game is 64-bit anyway so it should in theory be able to handle it.

What the hell did Red engine do to put such a cap on our caps?  🧐

Sheesh.  In a game about modification this game sure does make it hard to modify yourself and the game!  Somebody at CDPR missed the message!

The really messed up thing is that 2777 actually seems less advanced in a lot of ways than the original game set back in 2013.  Sigh.

The same thing seems to be true for eyes too there are sure very few of them they waste a lot of them making half of them just bloodshot versions, and none of them look really good or convincingly advanced cybernetically they either look regular or really cheap.  Some of the replacers that came out are nice but most of them unfortunately change a few things I don't like.  Again if they just gave us the ability to put in more slots for options in the system it would be a non problem.

IIs everything really so immutably hard coded?

Again sorry for asking in ignorance, and I totally appreciate the amazing work that modders have been putting in: it's just so frustrating

Edited by Cymri
spelling and grammar