Mod list for potatoe computer

urdli

I remember my first unmodded run on Skyrim, it was on an old laptop too. I even abandonned it since it was really ugly and lagging đŸ˜Ș

I understand what you say and logic of the patches, I try to avoid them and find alternative mods because I find difficult to know what mod corrupts what. Sometimes I install a mod with the patches and options needed and later when I install another one that conflicts with it without knowing and didn't select the right patch in the first one, both mods don't work properly. 
It surely is the case with Evla I just got out of my list, but I don't know what caused the bug. So I try my best to get mods that don't conflict with anything but it's hard.

You mean that xedit would show me the conflicts I have running ?

No, your vocabulary is not wrong, and my apology if I came across that way. I was just trying to elaborate so the function is understood. It does exactly what you understand it to be, make mod A work with mod B, in its simplest. I used CRF because of what it is and does for an example is all. A "mod" is just a 'modification" to the programming. CRF is a mod that turns parts on, but also finishes and fixes what is not done, and therefore, within itself, patches that to work together.

3 hours ago, urdli said:

I understand what you say and logic of the patches, I try to avoid them and find alternative mods because I find difficult to know what mod corrupts what. Sometimes I install a mod with the patches and options needed and later when I install another one that conflicts with it without knowing and didn't select the right patch in the first one, both mods don't work properly. 
It surely is the case with Evla I just got out of my list, but I don't know what caused the bug. So I try my best to get mods that don't conflict with anything but it's hard.

You mean that xedit would show me the conflicts I have running ?

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. And, once learned, can fix most everything to work together, but for now let's just focus on its purpose with CR (Conflict Resolution). Now, it will not help you to select the correct patch as in your example, but it will show you the conflicts. So when you have mod A and mod B and patch mod AB, then add mod C that conflicts with any of them, it shows you. Even if patch mod AB did not do all the records it will show you.

Now most times, with what I believe you might be calling "bugs", is just a simple LO placement issue or missing patches. Either or, both xedit will show you as it detects the overrides and conflicts. Like with the USSEP, which is the Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition 'Patch', it overrides the games files. When another mod comes along and changes any of those same records as the USSEP, it is a conflict, as two or more 'mods' changed the same record. So with my example above, when mod C comes along and overrides records from like patch mod AB, you can see it. It, mod patch AB, might just need to be placed beneath mod C and conflict resolved........now you have shadows, just to relate. Because I too use EVLaS.

So when you run xedit and you see conflicts, the ones to be concerned about as any mod or patch is an override to the game, between mod D and mod N you start looking for a patch on nexus, if simply moving it in LO does not fix it. Think of xedit like this, you know how MO2 will tell you conflicts on the asset side, left pane, well xedit is the conflict detection for the right pane, the plugins, the ones that really matter, as most the asset side can be quite flexible.

I think that lack of understanding is what you are calling bugs. SSEEdit, xedit for short as it is available too for multiple games and versions with slight differences in name, can be downloaded right on nexus
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/164

The rest of the issue you describe is the same as all modders face. Unless one completely lays out how they want their entire mod build to be anyways. I face the same problem adding more and more mods and even got a suggestion in to vortex about it before I switched MMs. My idea is to add a FOMOD launcher. Something that would trigger all the mods in one's LO so we can get patches we didn't know we need then when we initially ran the mod. It is amazing what can conflict with what in this game. Things I never thought would can and do. When it happens that it affects game play only two choices.......live without one mod......or patch them. But, xedit shows us the conflicts and we know where to look. Now finding them, the patches, on nexus can sometimes be difficult. Depends how the person set up their page for it to be found using the search options. But the nexus search tool fiilter is quite powerful, and when that fails I just inquire to the community. That is if it past my basic patch making skills.

So if not familiar with xedit, are you using LOOT to at least sort your plugin LO in MO2? How are you cleaning dirty plugins from mods? Not cleaning mods that need it will make "bugs" too.

And Gamerpoets on youtube has all kinds of vids on from installation in MO2 to using them, tools like xedit. He is quite thorough and if any part of his vids are even slightly outdated he stamps them ARCHIVED. Most times it is just subtle differences that one can figure out. He is a great resource for modding https://www.youtube.com/@gamerpoets

EDIT: Always check his description for the video, under it. If he has a newer video on the subject he posts the link there.

Edited by Indio21

Thanks for the explanation, I think I understand MO2 but I need to learn SSedit if I want to stop adding supressing mods.
I had a hard time launching it since I'm on Gog but it's done, I will follow Gamerpoets tutorial to see if I learn enough.

Even if not using LOOT to sort LO, it will still tell you which mods need to be cleaned with xedit.......and if you are missing patches, etc, for your mod build to work. If one is to do a successful mod build, LOOT, Xedit, and Bethini are a must in my book for tools.

I cleaned the files loot told me to, and I finally got rid of that gray layer I had. It wasn't the postprocessing option in enb because I had it inside but not outside and the contrary when I changed the state of it, it was EnablePostPassShader. At least one problem solved I hope.

Oh, I am sure it fixed more than one. The rest most likely you just hadn't found. For the know, LOOT is not ALL knowing for LO arrangement. It uses a Masterlist, that hopefully was updated to current (it should auto do it but worth clicking to make sure (link at top)). That 'masterlist' is just user feedback on the best combinations for LO of mods people found to work. So if your mod combination for LO is not the same, some areas might not sort correctly. So after sorting with LOOT you need to check it xedit. LOOT cannot detect conflicts of the game records, xedit does, but xedit will not arrange your LO. You will have to move the plugins that need to be yourself.

For the conflicts you can set up the pseudo command in xedit to check for conflicts, or just launch xedit, then right click in the left pane and select "check for conflicts". A window will open asking which mods you want to check. Right click in it and "select all" if not already selected. This will check for conflicts across all the plugins you have active. When it is done you will see a lot of red, those are conflicts. In the upper right corner you will see a Legend link that will show you what the various colors of each row mean and the color of the writing within the row. Red row, with red wrtitng is bad. Purple row with red writing REALLY bad. All are worth checking, by expanding the drop down for each. Sometimes to get things to show in game you want a switch of position may be needed for even an override.

Just keep expanding records and chasing the colors. Myself, when I am doing CR for LO arrangement, will unlock MO2 with xedit open (can be dangerous) so I can move the plugins in MO2 with out having to keep remembering and running xedit. If you do this just make sure you are not using more that the CR in xedit. Xedit has a LOT of functions and one can make mods just with it. We are only scratching the surface of this extremely powerful tool with CR. So I move a few then close xedit and will relaunch it to make sure moving those plugins did not create more conflicts in their new positions. If all is fine with the few I moved, then I move a couple more and repeat the process.

At the top of xedit either in the Help link or it has its own, look for Tomb of Xedit. That is the official manual for xedit on all its functions and how to use them. Plus in that link you will see another to the Discord for Xedit. If you cannot find help here for it, post questions there and people will help. There are different channels with in the Xedit discord depending on your questions, like General questions on xedit use, another for Modding, and another for scripts. All pages have a definition at the top of the page so one can verify they are in the appropriate section for the best related to one's issue for help.

Edited by Indio21