Dragons Dogma 2 - disable/replace Skill menu movies

JBXplay3r

Every time I use the skill menu I get a crash to desktop. I can get away with it if I sit very slowly and let each movie play one at a time, but even then it can still get sketchy. I looked into it and there are a number of other people who have the same issue. (There's a thread on the steam forums for it.

I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) the culprit is the preview movies themselves. A mod that replaces the movies with a lower quality smaller video, or preferably just disables them all together would make a huge difference to me and I believe others mind find it useful.

I was actually attempting to do it myself, but I'm pretty out of my depth. I believe the videos are in the pak archive below,

natives/stm/appsystem/gui/prefab/skillmovie/

but what to replace them with to make sure its compatible with the game, and does break anything, or an efficient way to replace all of them, all seem above my skill set, even with a decent portion of my night dedicated to researching how to do so.

Please let me know if this is something someone could/would do, as it would fix the biggest issue I have with the game so far. Thank you for reading at least!

• Like 1