Seeking advice on how to create a follower belonging to an NPC/follower

Do you have any ideas on how I can make Arcade have an Eyebot as his personal follower?

I would like to make it so that in the dialogue you can choose whether to hire only Arcade, or Arcade and his Eyebot.

How do you think I should do this?
Maybe something to do with Arcade's faction, assigning the same faction to that Eyebot as well?

Advise me on your ideas, because I honestly have no idea what approach to take to do something like this.

Thank you in advance.

Oh man, don't tell Arcade this. Even Ed-E makes him uncomfortable 😂

The process would be pretty easy. Just have a separate robot creature be enabled based on the conversation choice, and make it at basic (it only listens to Arcade) or in-depth (full companion capabilities) as you'd like. And you could recycle most of the dialogue that is already in game. 

Check out the Willow companion, and specifically her dog JT. That might give you some ideas here.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sullyvanj93 said:

Oh man, don't tell Arcade this. Even Ed-E makes him uncomfortable 😂

The process would be pretty easy. Just have a separate robot creature be enabled based on the conversation choice, and make it at basic (it only listens to Arcade) or in-depth (full companion capabilities) as you'd like. And you could recycle most of the dialogue that is already in game. 

Check out the Willow companion, and specifically her dog JT. That might give you some ideas here.

Thank you very much man. I never decided to download Willow's mod, so this detail about her pet JT was unknown to me.

I plan to create pet/followers that are only cosmetic/aesthetic, just so that vanilla followers each have their own flying pet/robot, a creature that doesn't fight, has no dialogue or other functions, but just follows its owner.

Maybe later on I might add some functionality, such as some boost to the vanilla followers' stats obtained through their pet somehow, or through some small quest.
An example could be: assigning a medic bot as a pet to Arcade, having a quest that ends up aesthetically modifying the medic bot, finally assigning a +1 INT to Arcade upon quest completion.

Anyway I have to thank you for your ideas and especially on the suggestion about Willow.