Question on Scripts.

mikey1979

I have a couple of questions.......In the past I usually get to about Level 50 and sometimes Level 60 before I start getting CTD's If I open the save file using Fallrim Tools Resaver mod, the resulting message is that my save file is broken beyond all ye hope and the message states that I probably have too many scripts running.

My questions are the following.........Is there a theoretical limit to the number of scripts that the game can handle?  Does it pertain to the number of scripts or the number of Active scripts? In my mind it should be the number of active scripts and not the number of scripts............For example, a Library (i.e Game) may contain thousands of books (i.e. Scripts) but you're not charged for all of the books in the Library just because you have a couple of overdue books (i.e. Active scripts).

Any assistance to help me in my understanding of this topic would be much appreciated.

Any issue regarding the number of scripts would be in relation to the number of active scripts.  However, even the unmodified game will have a lot of active scripts.  So, this may not be a good indicator.  Rather, you should see if there are multiple instances of the same script running.  While there are valid reasons for the same script to be running multiple times (i.e. re-used on multiple objects), there is usually not a good reason for that number to reach into the thousands.

There has been discussion about the number of data strings having a limit and exceeding that can cause issues.  Scripts are a source of additional data strings and so there could be a connection between the two in a given system.  

In a nutshell, I do not know, with any certainty, the information you seek and hope that someone can provide good sound and solid information that will answer your questions.