a saimple remark and a question

dewayne3478

If I understand you correctly, you are wondering which category you find castles (and similar) in either your installed game Or Nexus

For the installed game, if you're using vortex, open the mods tab, then use the column labeled  Category

- Not sure how mod categories are handled in MO2 though so if you use it someone else will have to pipe in.

Depending on what type of castle addons you're actually looking for, from its dropdown, menu you can try Player Homes and/or City, Towns, Villages, and Hamlet to start. I suppose it could also fall under more obscure heading like Ruins or Locations, but I think the first two are more likely.

For Nexus, much the same, using the website's Mod Categories selections, since the options for mod categories on the website conveniently match the categories column used in Vortex (I believe)

ok, good luck.

12 minutes ago, anjenthedog said:

If I understand you correctly, you are wondering which category you find castles (and similar) in either your installed game Or Nexus

For the installed game, if you're using vortex, open the mods tab, then use the column labeled  Category

- Not sure how mod categories are handled in MO2 though so if you use it someone else will have to pipe in.

Depending on what type of castle addons you're actually looking for, from its dropdown, menu you can try Player Homes and/or City, Towns, Villages, and Hamlet to start. I suppose it could also fall under more obscure heading like Ruins or Locations, but I think the first two are more likely.

For Nexus, much the same, using the website's Mod Categories selections, since the options for mod categories on the website conveniently match the categories column used in Vortex (I believe)

ok, good luck.

thanks now can see if i can the one im looking for.

2 hours ago, anjenthedog said:

In Mod Organizer, categories can auto-apply from the Nexus, or you can apply or change them manually. 

The (collapsible) Filter sidebar on the left can pick or exclude specific categories (e.g., Locations, Player Homes, Castles & Mansions, etc.).  There's even an And/Or toggle at the bottom of the sidebar, to change what happens when you have multiple categories filtered on or off.

And in the left pane, you can sort mods by the Category column up top -- at least for their primary category. 

Spoiler

3c68f0b2b8f28546443b0d9e7f736f75.png