So I got that small urge to play Skyrim again....

Guest deleted95234838

Guest deleted95234838

I came across youtube videos showing off Nolvus and I want to give it a try. But I kind of don't want to come back because I remember Skyrim being too easy. Now if I am going to come back and install Nolvus, does it make Skyrim anymore difficult? If not could it be modded into being more difficult? Let me explain the kind of difficult I'm looking for. I want to be a nobody, a weakling. A poor weakling even skeletons are dangerous and take many beatings to slowly grind into a OP character but still be in danger once I reach the status of being OP.

Also does Nolvus change up the start of the game? Are there mods that change up the start of the game and are they compatible with nolvus? And I want to make the world dangerous, so dangerous it's dangerous to go outside of the towns walls. Oh and I don't want to save/reload loop, are there any stable mods out there where death isn't the end? And again... compatible with Nolvus. 

I'm not familiar with Nolvus myself.  Though if things are too easy, you could try turning the difficulty up in Settings > Gameplay.  (Or have you done that already?)

1 hour ago, TheSlowLoris said:

Are there mods that change up the start of the game

Well, Alternate Start - Live Another Life has always been my go-to to skip the card ride, with its broad selection of starting scenarios.  There are other alternate-start mods around too, but that one tends to be the best supported by other mods. 

And multiple mods out there add their own additional start scenarios to it.  Some are dedicated additional-start mods like New Beginnings - Live Another Life Extension.  While others mostly do other things, but also add their own AS-LAL plugin for the option of starting in their content (see below for one).

1 hour ago, TheSlowLoris said:

Oh and I don't want to save/reload loop, are there any stable mods out there where death isn't the end?

Death Alternative - Your Money or Your Life -- and its addon, Death Alternative -- Resurrection -- -- is the one I use in my game.  It has a lot of different bleedout and post-knockout scenarios to continue the game, and the Resurrection addon even adds some as AS-LAL start scenarios too (see above).  You still can die in some circumstances, but you generally have to still be recovering from a previous knockout first.

Again, no idea if these work with Nolvus, since I'm not familiar with what's in it.

Guest deleted95234838
13 hours ago, AaronOfMpls said:

I'm not familiar with Nolvus myself.  Though if things are too easy, you could try turning the difficulty up in Settings > Gameplay.  (Or have you done that already?)

I had done that already, it didn't make the game difficult just time wasting cause of how spongy the enemies were. Nothing was difficult about it either. 😳

I think I saw that Nolvus video.  The newest version hasn't come out, yet.  Nolvus was set up to be very stable, but if you start modding it, it might break something.  I think there are hundreds of mods, with all of their dependencies put in, and all in the correct loading order.  I think I remember hearing, in the video, that you risk breaking the Novus mod list by modding it, unless you are super duper careful.

I think I remember the guy saying that it is recommended you take it as it is, and don't mod it, but it's possible.

I remember there was a mod in Nexus that made a particular dungeon, or set of dungeons, super hard, but I don't remember what it was called.