As many of you might know, merchants and traders refresh their stock after every long rest and every level-up. And personally, I find this to be waaaaay too generous in a game in which its economy is already super forgiving and overtly bloated with a surplus of supplies available at nearly every merchant. Now, I know it's because they don't want players to feel as though they can permanently run out of supplies like arrows, but I think there could be a nerf mod that could de-incentivize buying out and/or pillaging merchants so frequently.

The behavior in which that merchants refresh their stock after every long rest and every level-up also makes it so that players looking to optimize will know to almost obsessively check and buy out every available merchants' inventories, turning it quickly into a mind-numbing game of buying/stealing after every such long rest and level-up, meaning you can very easily get enough money and items to go through the entire game comfortably without running out super early on. Of course, it also enables frothing-at-the-mouth hoarders like myself to go on shopping-stealing sprees every time a character levels up or a long rest passes. And, well, as someone who now has well over 200,000 Gold and more scrolls, potions, elixirs, arrows, explosives, and Absolute-knows-what-else than I know what to do with, I can tell you that it's just a massive time-wasting chore that I wholly regret. It's still my first playthrough and I'm only just starting out Act 2, for the record.

Getting to the requests, I would love it if there's a mod to be made that makes it so that traders only restock their inventories only after a long rest, as opposed to both every long rest and every level-up. I mean, why is it that they re-stock when I level up? It's not as though a level-up implies any significant passage of time like a long rest does. 

In addition, I think it'd be great if there's a set of mods that modularly disables what gets restocked. For example, a mod that disables merchants restocking on armors in particular, because seriously, who uses any of that cruddy stuff? Except you, Hide Armor +2. You're lovely. 

Lastly, perhaps to emulate a hardcore campaign rule, it would be great if there's a mod that makes it so that merchants just don't restock their inventories whatsoever. In other words, a 'What you see is what you get, and that's it' kind of rule. It'd make for a much more scarce playthrough that I think at least some of us would crave!

#notstonks

Edited by WolfoftheGang