Material Swap Shows in CK But Not in Game

Hi. I hope someone has an answer. When I do a material swap for a container, it’s correct in the Creation Kit but not in the game. I did a simple edit of a copy of  the vault trunk .DDS so it changes the 111 to 118. Any help will be much appreciated!

Edited by sp0ckrates
Grammar error

Create a new material file (under misc) and place the original file path and the one which replaces the original.

If you use custom swap in CK which i assume, it might not work ingame under all circumstances.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Qrsr said:

Create a new material file (under misc) and place the original file path and the one which replaces the original.

If you use custom swap in CK which i assume, it might not work ingame under all circumstances.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, yeah, I did create the new material file. I was afraid the material swap wouldn’t work under any circumstances, as you said. I guess creating a copy of the .NIF and editing the texture path is the next option.

Edited by sp0ckrates

You cannot swap textures if the object you would like to change is precombined and/or tied to vanilla scripts.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Qrsr said:

You cannot swap textures if the object you would like to change is precombined and/or tied to vanilla scripts.

Thanks. No, it’s a new item added to the town Far Harbor. In the creation kit, the trunk shows the correct texture (i.e. the texture swap works just fine, and the trunk has the number 118 on the lid). In the game, the new trunk is there, but it has the original texture (i.e. it has the number 111 on the lid).

Edited by sp0ckrates

Did you enable loose files?

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

• Thanks 1

I find that new textures (and FUZ audio) loose file are often not found in game until they are packed in BA2 archives.

Not that the files are read/loaded from the archives with loose files enabled, but as if the game doesnt notice them until it is forced to scan a BA2 and like "oh, hello some new files to load". 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/7/2024 at 5:15 AM, SKKmods said:

I find that new textures (and FUZ audio) loose file are often not found in game until they are packed in BA2 archives.

Not that the files are read/loaded from the archives with loose files enabled, but as if the game doesnt notice them until it is forced to scan a BA2 and like "oh, hello some new files to load". 

Yes, that makes sense.