modded vs. unmodded save file separator

UnburnedToas1

I'm looking to start up a new save file but with mods. Ideally, id like mods that rework everything from textures and physics to adding new stores, new side quests, QoL stuff, etc. 

At the same time, i have an unmodded save and would like to have a way to keep unmodded vs. modded saves separate without having to enable/disable mods manually. Does such a thing exist? is it even feasible?

Your save will remain unmodded if you do a backup of that save,

After you put some mods the game files will change and that save will contain the changed files, no turning back after that, as traces of mod usage are kept in the save file.

And also, the game will contain the altered files residues, so is better to uninstall and delete all traces of the game and all files, if you want to have an unmodded save file.

perform a clean installation of the game.

Backup your save files. If possible, transfer them to a different hard drive or an external device (for example, SD card)
Saves are located here: %userprofile%\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077\

Disable GOG Cloud for Cyberpunk 2077

Uninstall Cyberpunk 2077

Go to your GOG directory and see if there is a Cyberpunk 2077 folder, if so, remove it.

Remove the following folders:

Cyberpunk 2077 folder from here: %userprofile%\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\

REDEngine and CD Projekt Red folders from here: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\

Restart your PC.

Install Cyberpunk 2077 again on an SSD - Do not install any mods.

Copy your save files to the newly created Cyberpunk 2077 folder.

And the game will remain unmodded, but if you install mods those saves are no longer unmodded,

Bummer i know but the right way to use mods is play the game one time without them, and a second time with them and stay like that for the rest of the time, as when you put one mod, you always going to start adding more and more, and the experience will change overtime,

Edited by SilverBulletWarrior