Is Mjoll treated special by the game? No replacers work, but every other one does.

thechristoph

This is more of a "wondering how the game works" and less of a "help me fix my game" thing, as I realize replacers should be installed on a new game, even if they do work mid-game.

It's just weird; not a single Mjoll replacer that I have tried works, but other NPC, Housecarl, Follower, etc replacer does. The Pandorable series, the Glam series, the Milfactory series, plus replacers for mod-added followers like Mirai and Vilja. Even if I have confirmed that the Mjoll replacer du jour is winning all overwrites, or if I disable everything that could possibly conflict, or put it all the way at the bottom of my list. Console commands? Tried 'em. kill/markfordelete/player.placeatme? disable/enable? setnpcweight? No joy.

So I'm left to wonder if she's treated differently by the game somehow. She's kind of unique in that she's got a follower of her own. I wonder if that matters.... another excuse to snuff that little toady out.

In my setup, she replaces fine.  I wonder if in yours, some mod changes her to a different base. Her standard base is 1336B, and that is the record replacers overload.  If you get extended console, and in-game, open console and click on Mjoll, it will indicate the ref, the base, and which .esp it is sourced from.

Just a couple samples:

Bijin Warmaidens:
image.thumb.jpeg.033ac71181940d539d57768b8bb8edd4.jpeg

Amy Follower or Mjoll Replacer
image.thumb.jpeg.a9c5f6f3381c00a80b050a5bf6ea33d7.jpeg