Suddenly the object preview window in CK stopped working properly.

Puneumadqb

When I select objects lined up in the object window, right-click and select preview, the window appears, but the preview is no longer displayed properly. It previews momentarily and then disappears. Has anyone experienced a similar situation in the past? Is there a solution?

I reinstalled CK and restarted the PC, but there is no change.

• 3 weeks later...

So how did you solve it exactly?  I just encountered the exact same problem.

UPDATE:  In case anyone else runs across this issue, apparently you do need to perform a windows update to ensure pc windows is fully updated.  Now, I have no idea why this matters to the operation of the CK but it did seem to resolve the issue.

Hello. Although I have almost identified the cause of this problem(in my development environment), I have not yet reached a complete solution.

I'm using Windows10Home64bit, and this problem is with Windows Update. There is a security update program KB5036892 among the updates released since April, and this is the cause of this problem.
The only solution is to uninstall KB5036892 and restart PC.

I'm currently using CK Ver.1.6.1130.0.

If there is a problem with CK, I think it is an existing problem that has surfaced. If the problem is with the update (indeed, there are problems in other areas as well), I can only hope that a better update will be released in due course.

Ok, yesterday I ran Windows Update, (I am on Win 10 64-bit)   and installed available updates 

KB5034441
KB5036979 - I think this one was in the 'optional'  category
KB5037724

And now in CK, my Preview window is working fine again.

• Like 2