Spellmaking Limits x10 Mod Problems

Hello!

I have been having problems to get that mod to work with my game. I have properly installed it in the Data folder as per instructions.

But when I go in game the spell making limits are still set at 100 and I can't go past.

I have the steam version of the game.

Any help is appreciated.

Best Regards,

BD

Sorry for the bump, but I have pretty much tried everything and just cannot get the mod to work.

I went through 30 pages of google search and found nothing that could help me solve the problem. I would really appreciate if someone knew how to solve this.

Had a look at the mod ... have you read through the mod comments? Looks like you're not the only one with problems installing. Mod author's one and only comment was on the day the mod was released. It doesn't give any requirements (e.g. no mention of requiring Oblivion Script Extender) and the install instructions are pretty sparse for a newcomer to get a handle on. It doesn't help that the mod author missed a folder level (which if it was there would allow a simple copy Data paste into Oblivion).

So I can see a couple of things that could have gone wrong.

1) The folder Menus (which contains two subfolders, dialog and prefabs) needs to be pasted into your game's Textures folder (resulting in Oblivion\Data\Textures\menus\dialog and Oblivion\Data\Textures\menus\prefab). Make sure your game folder isn't Oblivion\Data\menus\prefab and Oblivion\Data\menus\dialog (or Oblivion\Data\Data\menus\dialog etc).

2) Can't say for certain that it would require it, but you will eventually need to have some form of archive invalidation enabled to use replacer style mods. Simplest way is via Oblivion Mod Manager (OBMM). Click on the Utilities button and select Archive Invalidation. From the Archive Invalidation dialogue pick BSA Redirection, and as you're using the Steam version of the game click Update BSA Timestamps and then Update Now. Close out the Archive Invalidation dialogue and then close OBMM (it doesn't commit it's changes until it closes).

I couldn't really make heads nor tails of exactly what the mod does by reading it's description. I personally use Magicka Based Enchantment Limits to create my own God items. Note that it requires Oblivion Script Extender (OBSE) but doesn't require the latest version (version 0021) that has some reported problems with the Steam version of the game (OBSE version 0020 works fine with Steam).

Edited by Striker879