FNV: Best Music Overhaul?

jedp15

I posted this in the general discussion but didn't get any responses, so will try here.

So I'm looking to see what music overhauls people have used/enjoyed and what you'd recommend!

There's some seemingly good ones I'm eyeing right now, but sort of stuck in indecision mode. Looking for something that enhances (adds to) or replaces the soundtrack and fits the theme/landscape of New Vegas.

Here's the four I'm looking at:

from the nexus:
A Music Addition - Revised by Crygreg

DV's Custom Soundtrack Project - Wasteland Music by DeutscherVolker

from other places:

Gunetwork: Atomic Audio Overhaul by PorcusGrunzus

Youtube: Western Ambience Overhaul by DarkPopulous

Anyone used these and can comment on their quality, or any others you'd recommend? Thanks!

THAT rely on other people's taste~

This day and ages people generally create their own radio playlist for stations.

Which is why your thread doesnt get reply. Peole used them is too few, or at least, they are not active here.

This post has nothing to do with radio stations.

Just because people have different tastes shouldn't be a limiting factor in discussing it.

But you're probably right about people not being active here.

Guest deleted143102893

The radio station mods is a very good solution but you are right the in-game music is rarely good on its own with the exceptions of Doc Mitchel house and NCR Dam assault tune theme.

I too wish someone would redo the actual non-radio in-game music. Personally I wished that it was as good as that intro/build your character theme. By comparison the rest of the game's music sucks in comparison to that ultra awesome track! Wish there was more of that music in the rest of the game instead of just cheap crappy environmental hums. The in-game music for the most part is very depressing and somber or blatantly NOT EVEN MUSIC...

It SHOULD be that western future-tech collection of wonder and adventure! Every track should be memorable like the Zelda games having a distinct theme for very specific environment. The village theme is always the village theme and it's repetitive and addictive and fun to hear. Why isn't fallout New Vegas!?

When I enter freeside I should hear a tune of poverty, maybe like a sad harmonica theme with an epic doom background theme of survival!!!

Or like if you're in vault 22 with the plant mosnters you should hear something like a growing plant theme. Some examples like,

or

But again all we're hearing is a generic boring non-musical vault hum throughout the entire thing...

...Yeah it needs to be redone...

Maybe the developers of FNV couldn't dedicate as much to the rest of the soundtrack because of time constraints and resources??? It definitely needs to be redone in my opinion.

See what I mean? "other people's taste". Most of them want to change the original sounds and musics according to their taste.

I dont have objection to their taste, exactly. I just have objection toward installing sound mods that overhaul according to other people's taste

Radio station is about the least offense, not that I listen much to others' radio mods these days.