Wrye Bash broke my game

keeloski

Followed a guide to mod Skyrim. Had about 240 plugins, tested every few mods to make sure the game was working.

Get to the end of the guide and it tells me to use Wrye Bash. Havent used it before so I just followed th guide, which said to just create the Bashed patch, which I did. I didnt untick anything because the guide just told me to create the patch.

Now the game is refusing to even start, and the skyrim.esm and update.esm has disappeared from my list on the left hand side, when it was there before.

have I seriously just wasted 2 days following this guide just for it to break at the end? Ive verified the game files, nothing will change. I am beyond upset at what feels like a massive waste of time

In MO2, are you getting any "missing masters" errors?  And are skyrim.esm and update.esm still in your right pane list?

Does LOOT warn you about anything while open, either?

Did Wrye Bash re-sort anything while it was open?  I've had it try to before (with it warning me it's doing that on Wrye Bash's launch).  I hit Ctrl-Z or Undo to undo that re-sort, before (re-)building a bashed patch.

If your load orders did change, then do you have any recent backups of either pane's order, via the backup and restore buttons at the top of both?  (I make sure I have a current backup before launching any program that can change my load order, like the original game launcher, LOOT, or Wrye Bash.)