Issue with meshes

Hi all,

Please let me know if I'm appealing for help in the wrong place    🙂

I'm an (amateur) modder and I enjoy making player home mods. I've been working on one for a few months and I've hit an... interesting bug when loading my WIP mod into the game and taking a look around. Has anyone encountered anything like this? As you can see, it's affecting both vanilla and non-vanilla meshes...

Thanks for any help or advice!

image.thumb.png.21686c872b7b72ae5b4c121d3df165ac.png

Hi NexBeth, thanks for the response. The ones on the left are Oldrim meshes by Blary - I did run them through Cathedral Assets Optimizer before using them, which I hoped would do the trick... the ones on the right are the bog standard vanilla meshes for tabletop alchemy and enchanting, unchanged by me in any way, so I suspect it's not an issue with optimisation?

Might help to note as well that I wasn't seeing this bug the first few times I was playtesting... in the interim, all I was doing was sorting out a room on the opposite side of the cell, so I've no idea what could have triggered it... (to be more explicit - these meshes were initially fine in-game).

Have you tried deleted these meshes and then adding  "fresh" untouched meshws back in.  This time don't optimize to see what happens.  Blary's meshes are quite old so you may have trouble with that, but it may be worth trying out and then taking it from there.  Do you have nifscope up and running?

Also, what do these look like in the CK?

(Had a go this evening, but) no joy that way, unfortunately - the same meshes are bugged. I'm not so bothered about Blary's meshes - they're a time-saver rather than a necessity - but the bugged vanilla meshes are a pain. You can see from the screenshot that the tabletop crafting versions are affected; I tried replacing them with the standing versions, and same issue.

I have nifscope - basic user, swapping, resizing and rejigging textures, but that's my limit.

And finally, no sign of trouble in the CK - these all look perfectly normal until I load the cell in-game. On a hunch, I've taken a look at the crafting stations elsewhere in Skyrim and they're unaffected, so the issue is at least limited to the interior cell for the mod.

You know, I might have resolved this - clarifying for anyone facing a similar issue:

I was using a custom imagespace and had tweaked the (Riften) lighting template for the interior. I've switched back to a standard imagespace and jammed on all the default lighting settings and that's resolved the bug. Annoying, but a solution nonetheless! I'll have to be a little more careful amending lighting settings...

Thanks again for your help, NexBeth!

Done - all functional    🙂   A weird quirk of my image space and lighting choices, I think.

(By the by, I'll credit you for the bugfixing assist if and when I get this mod finished and published, if you're happy for me to do so.)