NEW MOD IDEA REQUEST: GIANT RAdRoach Riding!!!

Guest deleted143102893

Guest deleted143102893

C1MY8DE.png

So I got the idea from watching korgoth where he rides a giant flying pigeon in a post apocalypse world. Very similar if not identical idea to heavy metal giant pigeon flying...

So I'm wondering where are the other radioactive mutations out there in fallout? Lets have giant rad-roaches instead of cars and some pack brahmin! The giant radroach can have a fenced farm and a few of them scattered out in the wastelands wearing saddles and such. 

There's a mod for driving cars even though it's not lore friendly considering the fallout lore where the world ran out of energy sources for their vehicles leading to the war with the Chinese but the mod exists anyway so why not more mutated pack animals!?

So it occurred to me why wouldn't someone creatively domesticate a giant radroach for public use?

Think about it! They could probably scale black mountain easily!?!? There's a hoverboard mod out there to so flying on one might even be possible. Or just doing a gigantic flea hop over great distances while flapping its wings!?!? O.o

Edited by axkeeper13

Radroachs has some legs similar to spider legs. So anachrophobic players and modders around here doesnt like it and make some effort to get rid of it.

Lore-wise, considering radroach meat is not too poisonous, people would hunt it if it is too noticeable, since there's economic return. So it rarely can grow to giant size

Guest deleted143102893

I remember someone made a morrowind packguar mod? They were able to stick legs on the guar thingy and then they just clipped the character through the mesh of the guar to give the illusion that it was sitting on top of it.

xHHXuKv.png

Alternatively there were elephant carriages in ancient history! There might be some creative solutions out there? Anyway just an idea.

Would be sweet to have a mod to ride on top of anything massive in fallout.

Used for something like this!? Maybe!?

@2:55 a delivery mission would be cool in fallout! Similar to this Zelda quest!!

Strangely enough I think they used this milk delivery idea in a Mad Max film lol

Guest deleted143102893

!!!

What if instead of domesticated for riding; how about just as a creature!?!?! And then somehow enable an invisible standing platform on its back???

My idea is now like this @1:00

Except with a giant rad roach!! Maybe jump on one from a cliff just like in this movie scene!? Maybe this idea is easier?? You still get a ride in a sense but it's still just a rad roach enemy in gigantic form!!! Maybe with extra slow animations and modded sounds so it sounds massive with a deeper audio and slowed down pitch???

All that require one of nif guys. And the problem, as always, is that they just not interested~ In Fallout people want to ride cars, or motorbike. OF which there are quite a fews.

Like I said, even horse riding is only be completed last month.

What everybody need is not idea guys, which are plenty. What we need is guys jumping in to work.

Edited by laclongquan

Guest deleted143102893
17 hours ago, laclongquan said:

All that require one of nif guys. And the problem, as always, is that they just not interested~ In Fallout people want to ride cars, or motorbike. OF which there are quite a fews.

Like I said, even horse riding is only be completed last month.

What everybody need is not idea guys, which are plenty. What we need is guys jumping in to work.

[SPEECH 20]

Ideas are very valuable! Just to catalogue will be invaluable to me. I might give it a try. I've been modding my mods myself to get them to work and I'm gradually learning things along the way just like the modders themselves! Your input and knowledge is also guiding my final decision to whether to try it myself or ditch the idea.

I've resized and rotated .nif file objects before in nifskope and even re-textured them with .dds edits. I can definitely put a giant radroach in the game. Messing around with companion editing I might be able to get it to work!?!?!?

Edited by axkeeper13

No promises, but I offer a firm mabe.

Just make sure to temper your expectations. I'm absolutely certain I won't have time to model a saddle from scratch anytime soon, but a quick one and done rideable radroach is probably doable.... and molerat guy,  I've already been thinking about it. But we're going to leave Snuffles alone. He's already been through enough.

.....and where is this horse mod?