FO4 edit: problems when updating from 4.0.3 to 4.0.4 or latest 4.1.5f

lvhoang

HI all

I-ve got this weird issue when updating from 4.0.3 to 4.0.4 or latest 4.1.5f which Ive never seen before.

There are many  weird references, and I see so many FORM ID that are completely empty on the right screen.

I do use Mo2 and have been launching FO4 edit from MO2 for countlessyears without issue. BUt it seems like if I update, I do see those weird empty records. If i revert back to 4.0.3 I dont have this issue anymore.

Am I doing something wrong?

1nNgkeH6Q8.thumb.png.4b783376022e6b2080e8b594a003beea.png

The new Fo4edit is a separate .esp, so you have to remove the old one. Also, although I'm not sure how it works in MO2, in Vortex, I had to create a new Dashboard "Tools" entry in order for the fo4edit button to point to the updated version. Last but not least, click the File Header tab and see if HEDR - Header reads "Version 1.000000" or "Version 0.950000." You want the former, which you can change while you're there.

Thanks for replying but I'm not sure I understand. FO4EXIT is an .exe, I installed the whole folder into my existing fallout 4 root folder as usual, so I just overwrites files from the previous version.

The way I'm running it is similar to what you're doing in vortex and has always worked for me up until this new update: create a shortcut onsite MO2 to open FO4EDIT. 

I have checked the header version, it's all fine.

That is so weird. I'm having to run FO4edit on a very old version :(

13 hours ago, lvhoang said:

Thanks for replying but I'm not sure I understand. FO4EXIT is an .exe, I installed the whole folder into my existing fallout 4 root folder as usual, so I just overwrites files from the previous version.

The way I'm running it is similar to what you're doing in vortex and has always worked for me up until this new update: create a shortcut onsite MO2 to open FO4EDIT. 

I have checked the header version, it's all fine.

That is so weird. I'm having to run FO4edit on a very old version 😞

Sorry about that. I got my extensions mixed up. But yeah, for me, the new fo4edit installed as a separate file rather than overwrite the previous version. I had to manually remove the previous version, and then the new version cleaned up some additional stuff from the old version before proceeding, but it has been working fine for me since then. Did the new version give you the option to remove some stuff from the old version? If so, and you declined, that might be the problem.

Yes, you might be right.
It asked me something about whether I wanted to clean the cache from previous version , and i said no.

Maybe i should have said yes.... I will try and let you know if it works 

9 hours ago, lvhoang said:

Yes, you might be right.
It asked me something about whether I wanted to clean the cache from previous version , and i said no.

Maybe i should have said yes.... I will try and let you know if it works 

Sounds like that could be the culprit. Hopefully reinstalling and letting the new version clean up the old one will do the trick.