Assistance with mesh problem in SCK

13 hours ago, scorrp10 said:

It is likely because none of the clothes/armor are flagged to work with your race.   As you can't really expect all vanilla and modded clothing to be flagged for your race specifically, it means your custom race needs to present itself as one of vanilla races when it comes to armor wearing.

In your race record in CK, on the 'General Data' tab, it has 'Copied Data' section.   Be sure to set 'Armor Race' to 'DefaultRace' for both Male and Female.

I did that and the model uses a regular mesh, not the custom one. What is going on?

Ok, here is the deal with your .esp.   You set the 'ArmorRace' as DefaultRace.   Btw, you are only setting it for Female.   You either need to also set it for Male, or make Male Fahrnymph use regular 'SkinNaked' body.

But anyway Fahrnymph race uses DefaultRace for its armor checks.   Which would include the naked body.    Except its component ArmorAddons are not flagged for DefaultRace, and   00FahrSkinNaked is actually using vanilla ArmorAddons  for DefaultRace.   That is, is you open 00FahrSkinNaked, and instead of 00FahrnymphRace, select DefaultRace, you will see why vanilla body ends up being used.

So what you need to do:   Make the ArmorAddons  (Torso//Hands/Feet)  set primarily for DefaultRace, with 00FahrnymphRace as an additional.    Oh and you probably want to unflag them for Breton and Afflicted.

So now, if you open up 00FahrSkinNaked Armor form, and in Race dropdown, select   DefaultRace,   you will see all 6 ArmorAddons listed there.   Just delete the vanilla ones (NakedTorso etc)

Oh, and I also added your race to the 'HeadPartsAllRacesMinusBeast'   cause otherwise you are pretty much constrained to the default Breton face.

image.thumb.jpeg.eed0519a5b513caed1b81204c9e50cd0.jpeg

FahrnymphESP.7z

23 hours ago, scorrp10 said:

Ok, here is the deal with your .esp.   You set the 'ArmorRace' as DefaultRace.   Btw, you are only setting it for Female.   You either need to also set it for Male, or make Male Fahrnymph use regular 'SkinNaked' body.

But anyway Fahrnymph race uses DefaultRace for its armor checks.   Which would include the naked body.    Except its component ArmorAddons are not flagged for DefaultRace, and   00FahrSkinNaked is actually using vanilla ArmorAddons  for DefaultRace.   That is, is you open 00FahrSkinNaked, and instead of 00FahrnymphRace, select DefaultRace, you will see why vanilla body ends up being used.

So what you need to do:   Make the ArmorAddons  (Torso//Hands/Feet)  set primarily for DefaultRace, with 00FahrnymphRace as an additional.    Oh and you probably want to unflag them for Breton and Afflicted.

So now, if you open up 00FahrSkinNaked Armor form, and in Race dropdown, select   DefaultRace,   you will see all 6 ArmorAddons listed there.   Just delete the vanilla ones (NakedTorso etc)

Oh, and I also added your race to the 'HeadPartsAllRacesMinusBeast'   cause otherwise you are pretty much constrained to the default Breton face.

image.thumb.jpeg.eed0519a5b513caed1b81204c9e50cd0.jpeg

FahrnymphESP.7z 4.75 kB · 1 download

I adjusted the mesh in OutfitStudio to fit better to the body, made the weight paints, saved it (without warnings) did Bodyslide, adjusted all that stuff like you said in the ESP. Now were back to square one where the feathers aren't showing up again! GDI, IDK what I did wrong :_((

https://mega.nz/file/ctJzmZjZ#HdJ1IgAD-9UmqJ7DMuExwKf4BM0Sl7hWsnMzDuS3vec

There's the meshes. After this though we should be good.....hopefully.

If you look at the meshes (both under ShapeData and built ones) that I shared a few posts up, you will see that all the component BSTriShape's are at the root level.

The ones that you uploaded again has that Fahrbod:34 NiNode at root level, and all the feather BSTriShapes are contained under it.    So it looks like  you overwrote the result I gave you with an earlier .nif of yours.

You need to edit the .nif under CalienteTools/BodySlide/ShapeData/FahrNymph    in NifScope.    

• Expand SceneRoot
  • Expand Fahrbod:34
  • Click on torsofeathers,  Ctrl+C
  • Click on SceneRoot, Ctrl+V
  • Repeat for arm and arm001
  • Click on Fahrbod:34, Ctrl+Del
  • Spells - Optimize - Remove Unused Strings
  • Save.

After this I recommend again loading it in Outfit Studio, making sure it still looks fine, that sliders work on the feathers. and saving.

Posted (edited)
On 5/12/2024 at 9:56 PM, scorrp10 said:

If you look at the meshes (both under ShapeData and built ones) that I shared a few posts up, you will see that all the component BSTriShape's are at the root level.

The ones that you uploaded again has that Fahrbod:34 NiNode at root level, and all the feather BSTriShapes are contained under it.    So it looks like  you overwrote the result I gave you with an earlier .nif of yours.

You need to edit the .nif under CalienteTools/BodySlide/ShapeData/FahrNymph    in NifScope.    

• Expand SceneRoot
  • Expand Fahrbod:34
  • Click on torsofeathers,  Ctrl+C
  • Click on SceneRoot, Ctrl+V
  • Repeat for arm and arm001
  • Click on Fahrbod:34, Ctrl+Del
  • Spells - Optimize - Remove Unused Strings
  • Save.

After this I recommend again loading it in Outfit Studio, making sure it still looks fine, that sliders work on the feathers. and saving.

Got it working! Working on the male now, but ran into a snag with that. I'm using the HIMBO Body (SoS Phys) mesh. Did all that is said, but it's saying that there are unweighted vertices. It's odd cause they are all weighted. Maybe something to do with the body? Weight system is working, and feathers are moving with the body. Won't let me say cause it says that.

EDIT: just tested it in BS and only the feathers are moving.

Edited by wilwhitt56

23 hours ago, wilwhitt56 said:

Got it working! Working on the male now, but ran into a snag with that. I'm using the HIMBO Body (SoS Phys) mesh. Did all that is said, but it's saying that there are unweighted vertices. It's odd cause they are all weighted. Maybe something to do with the body? Weight system is working, and feathers are moving with the body. Won't let me say cause it says that.

EDIT: just tested it in BS and only the feathers are moving.

Ok, so I got it to save ( i had to remove the arm feathers cause IDK what was causing the issue with them) and it's working in bodyslide. It's doing that thing again though where the feathers won't show up in the Race tab. This is the Male, not the female.

I dunno, each time there is just too many things done wrong to even begin fathoming a guess as to what went wrong without  seeing the actual files.

However, you seem to be confused about weight.
There is bone weights where you essentially associate each mesh vertex with one or more bones on the skeleton.    Since animations drive the skeleton, bone weights determine how the mesh moves when animated.  In this case, 'weight' means distribution.   

Now the concept of weight in BodySlide is somewhat different.
Each slider is a morph, where at 0% it is a base mesh, and at 100% it is distorted in some way.     Essentially, slider definitions are such that for a given affected vertex, as slider is moved from 0 to 100, the vertex moves by certain X, Y and Z amounts.    
Then in BodySlide, you have 'low weight sliders' - those govern which mesh distortions will apply when generating the {mesh}_0.nif  file.    Likewise, the 'High weight' sliders determine the look of the {mesh}_1.nif file.
Then in the game, a weight 0 character utilizes _0.nif mesh, while a weight 100 one utilizes the _1.nif one.   Anything in between is a linear interpolation between the two.

About OutfitStudio: there are a number of tools to determine which vertices are missing weights and where those are.
T = texture toggle is exceedingly handy, especially with darker textures that make it hard to see what is masked and what is not, and what the bone weights are.
The eye icons next to meshes.   Lets you toggle between visible - non-visible - wireframe.    Wireframe is great at  examining the 'hidden' mesh portions.
Mask weighted vertices in a mesh right-click menu is quite handy in determining what is what.
Q - highlights vertices.    masked in red, not masked in green.    Especially great in conjunction with the wireframe look.

16 hours ago, scorrp10 said:

I dunno, each time there is just too many things done wrong to even begin fathoming a guess as to what went wrong without  seeing the actual files.

However, you seem to be confused about weight.
There is bone weights where you essentially associate each mesh vertex with one or more bones on the skeleton.    Since animations drive the skeleton, bone weights determine how the mesh moves when animated.  In this case, 'weight' means distribution.   

Now the concept of weight in BodySlide is somewhat different.
Each slider is a morph, where at 0% it is a base mesh, and at 100% it is distorted in some way.     Essentially, slider definitions are such that for a given affected vertex, as slider is moved from 0 to 100, the vertex moves by certain X, Y and Z amounts.    
Then in BodySlide, you have 'low weight sliders' - those govern which mesh distortions will apply when generating the {mesh}_0.nif  file.    Likewise, the 'High weight' sliders determine the look of the {mesh}_1.nif file.
Then in the game, a weight 0 character utilizes _0.nif mesh, while a weight 100 one utilizes the _1.nif one.   Anything in between is a linear interpolation between the two.

About OutfitStudio: there are a number of tools to determine which vertices are missing weights and where those are.
T = texture toggle is exceedingly handy, especially with darker textures that make it hard to see what is masked and what is not, and what the bone weights are.
The eye icons next to meshes.   Lets you toggle between visible - non-visible - wireframe.    Wireframe is great at  examining the 'hidden' mesh portions.
Mask weighted vertices in a mesh right-click menu is quite handy in determining what is what.
Q - highlights vertices.    masked in red, not masked in green.    Especially great in conjunction with the wireframe look.

https://mega.nz/file/xlBS3abb#g2fnLdbzC3z0gAppBxD91bRUZ8hpdOV7bDR0_7JFz5M

Here you go, it's without the arm feathers.