[Solved] Nifskope and Next Gen ba2 archives

Posted (edited)

Nifskope used to show textures from vanilla models if I had the resources configured in the settings which is, usually, automatically configured upon installation.

But now it fails to load all textures, I guess it happens for the same reason xEdit didn't load archives until it got an update that allowed this newer version.

So, my question is: Is there's any beta or maybe a third party version of nifskope which is able to load next gen ba2 archives?

Also that could be a misconfiguration on my part, in which case, could anyone tell me if nifskope is actually working with next gen archives?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by DieFeM

Nifskope isn't working for me at the moment with the next gen archives. But since I have most Fallout 4 archives extracted to look at them, I just switched Nifskope's resouce path. It's unfortunately only a workaround and not for everybody, but most modders already have all the resources extracted.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2024 at 8:07 AM, DieFeM said:

Nifskope used to show textures from vanilla models if I had the resources configured in the settings which is, usually, automatically configured upon installation.

But now it fails to load all textures, I guess it happens for the same reason xEdit didn't load archives until it got an update that allowed this newer version.

I have a fork of NifSkope here (GitHub) that supports the BA2 version introduced by the next gen patch.

• Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, fo76utils said:

I have a fork of NifSkope here (GitHub) that supports the BA2 version introduced by the next gen patch.

Thank you so much!

Now if we could just get the 'remove unused vertices' and  'prune triangles" commands operating again and rendering collision geometry, Nifscope would be a fully armed and operational battle station again. Not expectant though just hopeful. 😉

52 minutes ago, fo76utils said:

Awesome! thank you very much.  😃

• 1 month later...

Bump- Just wanna shine a light on this unsung hero giving Nifscope it's first comprehensive update in over 7 years. I see you working very hard for over 6 months @fo76utils and I want you to know how much i appreciate it.

Edit: 😭 just realized i can't utilize this fork because my CPU it too old. All my dreams of pruning triangles...gone. still thanks for your efforts, I will update my PC eventually.

Edited by worm82075
crying