Generating lip files using pre existing wav files

Guest deleted83412028

Guest deleted83412028

I am making my first companion mod, and I need some assistance. When trying to generate lip files for a wav file I took from another game, it doesn't work, I get the error "Copying wav file to voice directories... cancelled! no files copied'. It seems to be in the right directory , as I can preview the sound and it plays the wav file, I just cant get it to generate lip files. When I record my own lines it works fine, I did try to look up solutions for this but most of them seemed geared towards using your own recorded voice files. I'm using https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/67580?tab=posts for this btw.DesktopScreenshot2024_05.15-06_49_52_90.thumb.png.8cdae1f3e609aec3ef1399d4c8204643.png

Also make sure you have FonixData.cdf in New Vegas/Sound/Voice/Processing. Without that, it won't correctly create lip files.

As JimboUK said above, they need to be the correct .wav format too, or the GECK can't read it properly. I recommend putting your files into audacity and exporting them again. Here's how the export should look.

image.png.8e6f5a2212acbea373a19a35b8c7fd2d.png