A way to add tracks?

When looking in NIFskope at the actual data in the volume control nif with Pos2 selected, we can see knob still at angle of Pos1. Playing back the animation state, visual rotation to Pos2 angle then happens after time=0.016:

Spoiler

Pos2 selected, Time at 0 (not rotated yet):

4fNTZJn.png

Pos2 selected, Time at 0.017 (knob has rotated):
ThpWS4N.png

For some reason, MAX has created each animation state as a transition between two angles. Pos2 state starts at Pos1 angle and at time=0.016 abruptly jumps to Pos2 angle. Pos3 state starts at Pos2 angle and at time=0.016 abruptly jumps to Pos3 angle. Etc and so on.

In game, it then looks like this:

Spoiler

Player can observe jerky movement when decreasing volume.

If you can edit states for the visual rotation to desired Position angle happen at time=0 instead of time=0.016, it'll be fixed in the most convenient way.

I have attached the 8 position rotary switch I made for the church clock panel, for reference. It has proper animations.

RotarySwitch_8Pos.nif

17 minutes ago, niston said:

When looking in NIFskope at the actual data in the volume control nif with Pos2 selected, we can see knob still at angle of Pos1. Playing back the animation state, visual rotation to Pos2 angle then happens after time=0.016:

Hide contents

Pos2 selected, Time at 0 (not rotated yet):

4fNTZJn.png

Pos2 selected, Time at 0.017 (knob has rotated):
ThpWS4N.png

For some reason, MAX has created each animation state as a transition between two angles. Pos2 state starts at Pos1 angle and transitions to Pos2 angle. Pos3 state starts at Pos2 angle and transitions to Pos3 angle. Etc and so on.

In game, it looks like this:

Reveal hidden contents

This results in the jerky movement when decreasing volume, as observable in the video.

If you can edit states for the visual rotation to desired Position angle happen at time=0 instead of time=0.016, it'll be fixed in the most convenient way.

I have attached the 8 position rotary switch I made for the church clock panel, for reference. It has proper animations.

RotarySwitch_8Pos.nif 8.12 kB · 0 downloads

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/QQsKFps03H-h2A

I barely understood what you wanted to say. 😁 I should have said that you don’t need animation at all, but rather 20 static  states in 20 sequences. I'm confused with your explanation of the graphs. I couldn't understand what you mean.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, South8028 said:

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/QQsKFps03H-h2A

I should have said that you don’t need animation at all, but rather 20 static  states in 20 sequences.

This is what I have meant to say about 30 posts earlier 😄

But yeah. 20 static states in 20 sequences for the volume control. 11 static states for the balance control, etc.

2 minutes ago, niston said:

This is what I have meant to say about 30 posts earlier 😄

But yeah. 20 static states in 20 sequences for the volume control. 11 static states for the balance control, etc.

Ok, now I’ll make a balance and channel selector.

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, niston said:

Balance looking good.

Selector has collision problem.

This selector is strange. I did it carefully. I'll change it now.🙄

Also... How exactly will the LEDs work? For me they will be controlled by the uv offset of the glow map. 2 tracks on the same texture. For a super effect, you can make a parallel offset addOnNode with a green light. Here it is impossible to implement each LED separately. You can also do 10 sequences for small ones and 20 (or I don’t remember how many on a long scale) to search for frequencies. But, given that the frequency search scale is not used, it will be a decorative element. It will be ugly if this system does not work at all.

Edited by South8028

I have fixed the source selector in nifskope and implemented all rotary controls. They are (mostly) working as desired.

Spoiler

Source Selector:
3WG87DU.png

Volume Control:
tSkEZ5R.png

Balance Control:
2oklx8k.png

What I noticed is that the Source Selector control only has 5 positions, but the front panel indicates 6 red dots - Not sure if intended.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, niston said:

I have implemented all rotary controls and they are (mostly) working as desired.

Reveal hidden contents

Source Selector:
3WG87DU.png

Volume Control:
tSkEZ5R.png

Balance Control:
2oklx8k.png

What I noticed is that the Source Selector control only has 5 positions, but the front panel indicates 6 red dots - Not sure if intended.

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/w2UcPpWq54wuaw

5 positions - because I had animation. Now you will replace it with this one, where there is no animation and 6 static states in 6 sequences.The red dots are just markings. We can then draw anything there. For example, small icons of a tape recorder, vinyl player, radio, etc.

LED panels.

LED.jpg

Edited by South8028
  • Like 1