A way to add tracks?

Agree about Power button.

Config only needs 2 states:
* Idle -  at rest, no action
* Activate - animation of button being pushed and then immediately releasing again.

Agree about indicators. It makes sense for: PROGRAM, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. Program could be red and 2 states: dark, blinking. The others could be green and 2 states: dark, light. Sad it doesn't work out with the numbers/text highlighted, but there can be other solutions.

Intended mode of operation:

< and > are used to switch through radio station frequencies. when PROGRAM is pushed, it will blink for 7 seconds. If you push a preset key (1...5) within those 7 seconds, current selected station frequency is stored in preset and blinking is cancelled.

Currently selected preset (if any) can be highlighted with green indicator. 

BOOST has lamp below frequency display panel, so doesnt need indicator on button.

<, > and ENTER don't need indicator at all.

SCAN could have indicator, blinking green. But it's probably going to scan so fast that the indicator won't have time to light up.

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, niston said:

Agree about Power button.

Config only needs 2 states:
* Idle -  at rest, no action
* Activate - animation of button being pushed and then immediately releasing again.

Agree about indicators. It makes sense for: PROGRAM, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. Program could be red and 2 states: dark, blinking. The others could be green and 2 states: dark, light. Sad it doesn't work out with the numbers/text highlighted, but there can be other solutions.

Intended mode of operation:

< and > are used to switch through radio station frequencies. when PROGRAM is pushed, it will blink for 7 seconds. If you push a preset key (1...5) within those 7 seconds, current selected station frequency is stored in preset and blinking is cancelled.

Currently selected preset (if any) can be highlighted with green indicator. 

BOOST has lamp below frequency display panel, so doesnt need indicator on button.

<, > and ENTER don't need indicator at all.

SCAN could have indicator, blinking green. But it's probably going to scan so fast that the indicator won't have time to light up.

No, I meant this... We'll make regular buttons with regular collisions, regular indicators. But it is obvious that the collisions should be large and higher than the buttons. We can subsequently make, for example, splines with the same numbers and labels, assign them bsEffectFx, give a collision trigger and 2 states “Show”, “Hide”. The player comes close, a hologram appears in the air with buttons at the points of contact of our sensor row. 

In general, I finished everything. I also integrated your display. I made small square indicators above all the buttons (some we animate, some we just want to have). Now we need to rack our brains about how to export it all and which parts go with what and in what order. 😁 

If there are design additions, make them now, because you don’t want to tinker with all these NiNode’s 25 times. We can make any decorations, badges, inscriptions, printed circuit boards, etc.

FM1_Full.jpg

Edited by South8028

The Tuner looks great, also the display area came out really well. I like it a lot!

Changes I suggest only concern the texture:
OQayYgA.png

- remove the line/text between POWER and CONFIG, it's very confusing.
- SEARCH shall read ENTER instead. It will bring up dialog to enter frequency.

In any other aspect, your design seems perfect to me.

The square indicators are a great fit for the style of the device. And operation of indicators for PROGRAM, 1,2,3,4,5 is clear to me.

What is unclear yet: How do you want the indicators for <, >, SCAN, ENTER and  BOOST to operate? I think we could make them flash briefly when the button is pressed. What is your opinion?

I have to admit I am not a fan of hologram buttons. Perhaps on another, more Star Trek style device it will look really great, but it doesn't fit the style of this one I think.

which parts go with what and in what order

Ok, let's recap.

We have the base NIF, like with the amp.
Then additional NIFs:

- 1x Power Button (Round, Latching Switch, 4 states: TurningOn, TurningOff, ON, OFF)
- 1x Power indicator (Round, 2 states: Dark, Lit)
- 1x Config Button (Round, Momentary Switch, 2 states: Idle, Activate)
- 1x PROGRAM Button (Rectangular, Momentary Switch, 2 animation States: Idle, Activate)
- 1x PROGRAM Indicator (Rectangular, 2 states: Dark, Blinking)
- 5x Preset Buttons 1 to 5 (Rectangular Momentary Switch, 2 states: Idle, Activate)
- 5x Preset Indicators 1 to 5 (Rectangular, 2 static states: Dark, Lit)
- 2x < and > Buttons (Type C Button, Rectang. Momentary Switch, 2 states: Idle, Activate)
- 3x Buttons SCAN, ENTER, SEARCH (Rectangular Momentary Switch, 2 states: Dark, Lit)
- 3x Indicators for SCAN, ENTER, SEARCH (Rectangular, 2 states: Dark, Lit for 0.3 seconds)
- 1x Indicator for BOOST (Round, 2 states: Dark, Lit)
- 1x Bar graph indicator for Multipath (2 states: Dark, "Random looking" Animation)
- 1x Bar graph indicator for Signal (11 states: Dark, 1 , 2 , 3 , ... , 10)
-10x Nixie Numeric/Symbol Combo Tubes (13 states: Dark, 0, 1, 2, 3, ... 9, -, .)

For a total of 36 NiNodes for attaching 36 individual elements.

Correct?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, niston said:

Ok, let's recap.

We have the base NIF, like with the amp.
Then additional NIFs:

- 1x Power Button (Round, Latching Switch, 4 states: TurningOn, TurningOff, ON, OFF)
- 1x Power indicator (Round, 2 states: Dark, Lit)
- 1x Config Button (Round, Momentary Switch, 2 states: Idle, Activate)
- 1x PROGRAM Button (Rectangular, Momentary Switch, 2 animation States: Idle, Activate)
- 1x PROGRAM Indicator (Rectangular, 2 states: Dark, Blinking)
- 5x Preset Buttons 1 to 5 (Rectangular Momentary Switch, 2 states: Idle, Activate)
- 5x Preset Indicators 1 to 5 (Rectangular, 2 static states: Dark, Lit)
- 2x < and > Buttons (Type C Button, Rectang. Momentary Switch, 2 states: Idle, Activate)
- 3x Buttons SCAN, ENTER, SEARCH (Rectangular Momentary Switch, 2 states: Dark, Lit)
- 3x Indicators for SCAN, ENTER, SEARCH (Rectangular, 2 states: Dark, Lit for 0.3 seconds)
- 1x Indicator for BOOST (Round, 2 states: Dark, Lit)
- 1x Bar graph indicator for Multipath (2 states: Dark, "Random looking" Animation)
- 1x Bar graph indicator for Signal (11 states: Dark, 1 , 2 , 3 , ... , 10)
-10x Nixie Numeric/Symbol Combo Tubes (13 states: Dark, 0, 1, 2, 3, ... 9, -, .)

For a total of 36 NiNodes for attaching 36 individual elements.

Correct?

One moment. Do we count Nixies as 10 NiNode or 1 NiNode? Will we integrate all 10 digits or will we have one display with 10 digits as a separate nif?

Also... Lettering is no longer a texture. These are meshes, they are convex. These are our buttons. A button is the inscription or number itself.

Edited by South8028

We can make it a separate part, so there will be one NiNode in the base NIF and 10 nodes on the separate part. The separate part can be invisible (only have NiNodes in it), or it can be a visible panel.

We can also integrate 10 nodes directly in the base NIF.

You decide.

2 minutes ago, niston said:

We can make it a separate part, so there will be one NiNode in the base NIF and 10 nodes on the separate part. The separate part can be invisible (only have NiNodes in it), or it can be a visible panel.

You decide.

24 minutes ago, niston said:

You decide.

This means there will be 10 NiNodes. They don't need to be created; they are already imported along with the display. We simply export them along with the base model.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, niston said:

You decide.

Look. Bones are our NiNodes. (in Nixie you can’t see them individually) Where do we remove the extra NiNodes? Or we can leave everything. We can leave some indicators passive. They'll just be there for show.

ALLNiNodes.jpg

• Like 2