A way to add tracks?

I made the RF Frontend (the thing that actually tunes into a frequency) a separate script.
What it does:

• Scan for stations in range
  • Choose the strongest transmitter for a particular station (if there are multiple repeaters/transmitters in range)
  • Tune to a frequency / station
  • Search next/previous station in frequency spectrum
  • Evaluate tuned station signal strength

Testing and refactoring a bit now.

• Like 1

I added preset memory. It is working now:

Spoiler

o4CQH6m.png

In example screenshot, I stored Radio Freedom (105.0 MHz) to Preset #2.
How it's done:

1) you tune to frequency/station you want with < > or ENTER key.
2) you press the PROGRAM key.
3) programming mode is active, program indicator starts blinking (but this indicator does not work, see issues below)
4) you press a PRESET key (1...5) within 7 seconds
5) tuned frequency is stored on preset you entered above and corresponding preset indicator lights up
6) programming mode is no longer active, program indicator stops blinking
7) Pressing the PRESET key you programmed in step 4 will tune the radio to the frequency you stored.

• Whenever the radio is tuned to a frequency that is in a preset, the corresponding preset indicator will light up.
  • If you wait longer than 7 seconds after pressing PROGRAM button, programming mode becomes inactive.
  • You can also exit programming mode immediately by pressing PROGRAM button again.

Two issues noticed:

1) It appears to me that the indicators are generally a bit small. They are hard to see from even a short distance away. The small size may exacerbate issue 2 below.
2) The Program indicator Blinking animation is more than extremely hard impossible to see in-game, unless the scenery is very dark. It's likely because it's blinking really fast, almost flickering. A good blink frequency would be 1Hz (0.5 seconds lit, 0.5 seconds dark, repeat). Also perhaps red may look quite more noticeable than blue.

Finished the model and uv. Now I need to make textures. It turned out to be a little hiPoly. Lots of small details. I just want to achieve a little realism. If you have any suggestions for additional buttons, indicators, inscriptions and decorations, please write.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

9.jpg

7.jpg

• Like 1

I think there should be some lever or similar, to load/unload records (open trade menu).
And perhaps play/stop switch.

Not sure about track selection. IRL you'd pick up the arm and reposition the needle, but I don't think this is possible or even practical to implement it this way in-game. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, niston said:

I think there should be some lever or similar, to load/unload records (open trade menu).
And perhaps play/stop switch.

Not sure about track selection. IRL you'd pick up the arm and reposition the needle, but I don't think this is possible or even practical to implement it this way in-game. 

I think the lid itself will have animation and will also be a separate element. The actor clicks on the lid, it will open. Then there are rotating switches. They have 2 positions. Central - power. 2 others have 2 positions each, and I don't know what they control. The tonearm can have 2 sequences (raised, vinyl down) or any number of sequences. Antistatic brush - a decorative element. Technically, it can also be lowered onto the vinyl and raised. In general, think for yourself how many elements you need and how it is more convenient for you to implement control.

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/CfdrBpUrbpv2gg

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/qnPljlr_DJUJag

Try this power indicator. Its glow is controlled not by glowMap, but by an auxiliary mesh with bsEffectFx. The intensity of the glow, color, etc. can be adjusted in the nifscope. Place the glowspotlinear_anim texture at the address where it is located in the effect folder. Now the mixing of bsEffectFx meshes will be controlled not by niVisController but by uv animation. Theoretically, this should solve the problem with the brightness of the indicators.

Edited by South8028

IRL record player will usually have a speed selector: 33 / 45 / 78 RPM
Some also have a fine adjust for the RPM +/- 2%.

Both are meaningless for in-game application.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, niston said:

IRL record player will usually have a speed selector: 33 / 45 / 78 RPM
Some also have a fine adjust for the RPM +/- 2%.

Both are meaningless for in-game application.

Well, we have 3 switches. 1 controls Power. The other two will be decorations if they are not needed. 

When it comes to loading vinyl, we are not limited in any way by animation. It's easy to make a disk loading animation. Actually, I can do havok animation. So that the actor takes the disk out of the package and installs it on the base, but I don’t know if it’s possible to run hkx with a script. havok animation has much more possibilities than gamebryo. From hkx we can call any number of objects, sounds, events, effects, show, hide. ce is managed by havok. But I only know how to integrate havok into furniture and aaf. Just for fun, I'll make some furniture animation for this player. It will be possible to appoint a settler DJ. 😁

Edited by South8028
  • Like 2