A way to add tracks?

Something I forgot:

In the nixie display area, we can show some extra "symbols" (which are just small flat plane meshes with textures made to look similar to nixies):

TAPE TRACK ELAPSED

Depending on display mode, some of them can be shown:

- TRACK ELAPSED
- TRACK
- TAPE       ELAPSED 
- TAPE

14 hours ago, niston said:

Something I forgot:

In the nixie display area, we can show some extra "symbols" (which are just small flat plane meshes with textures made to look similar to nixies):

TAPE TRACK ELAPSED

Depending on display mode, some of them can be shown:

- TRACK ELAPSED
- TRACK
- TAPE       ELAPSED 
- TAPE

Will this cassette loader work? But the holotape is very small. It looks like the family has ordered the largest hearse to take their beloved hamster's body to the city cemetery. 😁

HDR1.jpg

HDR2.jpg

HDR3.jpg

On 7/20/2024 at 6:31 PM, niston said:

As for controls on holotape deck:

* Power On/Off Button
* Configuration Button
* Open/Close or Eject Button
* Stop Button
* Play Button
* Pause Button
* Previous Track Button
* Next Track Button
* Display Mode Button

Currently unsure if Reverse/Forward Seek can be implemented. The corresponding, exposed engine function doesn't seem to work right at the moment. I hope we can do it, because this will also be needed to synchronize sound emitters.

The deck could have a nixie display that shows playback time/position in hh:mm:ss and track as 1 to 999.

Actually, lets use hhh:mm:ss for the time display: 9 nixies. And another 3 nixies for the track display. I'd align the time nixies to the left and the track nixies to the right of the display area, and also make the track nixies slightly larger than the time ones. Track and time will be treated as separate displays by the scripts.

As for indicators, I can think of these:

- Power On 
- Play 
- Pause 
- Next Track 
- Previous Track 

- Format

I placed the indicators play/pause/next/previous above the respective mechanism control buttons in my mind. Power indicator would go above the power pushbutton I guess, like in the FM1. Format indicator somewhere near the loading mechanism I guess.

13 minutes ago, niston said:

Actually, lets use hhh:mm:ss for the time display: 9 nixies. And another 3 nixies for the track display. I'd align the time nixies to the left and the track nixies to the right of the display area, and also make the track nixies slightly larger than the time ones. Track and time will be treated as separate displays by the scripts.

I placed the indicators play/pause/next/previous above the respective mechanism control buttons in my mind. Power indicator would go above the power pushbutton I guess, like in the FM1. Format indicator somewhere near the loading mechanism I guess.

Look... This big screen looks like a nixie. In the middle, a dial is integrated along with the screen. It can be decorative or working. As you wish. Make suggestions on where to place the indicators.

HTR_FV1.jpg

HTR_FV2.jpg

HTR_FV3.jpg

HTR_FV4.jpg

Above the buttons.

- Play indicator above play button
- Stop button has no indicator
- Previous track indicator above previous track button
- Next track indicator above next track button
- Eject button has no indicator.

There is no pause button on the model, so the tape deck won't have pause function.

Where will you place additional buttons: Power, Configure, Display Mode?

Just now, niston said:

Above the buttons.

5 buttons. Indicators are already ready above them. I left one button to open the tray. But buttons are buttons. They will be as you need them to be. Technically, I can also add buttons. This dial will have a rotating wheel on top. Like on a camera. This could also be a control element. I don't know where to place the power button yet. But really anywhere.

Let's leave it at the 5 buttons for the mechanism then.

As for additional buttons, it should have power obviously, and the configure button is needed to set up the network stuff.
Technically it doesn't need display mode button, but then player won't be able to switch time display mode.

If Seek() engine function can be made to work properly in Papyrus, we could use the rotating wheel on the dial for fast forward/rewind. Not sure what to do with the dial. It could indicate percent of tape played or something. Working VU meter is alas not possible from my current understanding, as we can't access the audio sample data and there appears to be no signal metering function available in the engine.

As for the format indicator, let's reuse the "Power" indicator from the FM1 Tuner and place it next to the upper left corner of the loading mechanism. Perhaps you could give it a blink animation, as to catch the user's attention.

1 minute ago, niston said:

Let's leave it at the 5 buttons for the mechanism then.

As for additional buttons, it should have power obviously, and the configure button is needed to set up the network stuff.
Technically it doesn't need display mode button, but then player won't be able to switch time display mode.

If Seek() engine function can be made to work properly in Papyrus, we could use the rotating wheel on the dial for fast forward/rewind. Not sure what to do with the dial. It could indicate percent of tape played or something. Working VU meter is alas not possible from my current understanding, as we can't access the audio sample data and there appears to be no signal metering function available in the engine.

The wheel may be connected to a dial. The arrow and wheel can have for example 10 sequences. Or 20. How we did the volume on the amplifier. The wheel can control rewinding. I'll put the power button on the left side. I'll remove some of the ribs and there will be a power button. On top of the tree in the middle, above the entire control room, I will stick a bar with the inscription Wattz. 😁 If you don’t like these buttons (such buttons were on the first vcr) we can install cooler ones. For example, sensory. We can also use a cool indicator. Long bar with 5 modes of backlight movement along the bar.