A way to add tracks?

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, niston said:

Check this https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/images/284533

Glitchfinder is making retextures for tapes.

Well, I don't care. I don't use holotapes at all. Because I don't understand what the hell this is. 😁 If I were making myself a holo-recording player, then in any case I would redo the holotape model so that there would be movable elements. To make everything rotate, the plug could be moved to the side, etc.I don't like the vanilla size. They probably came up with it to put it in a pip-boy. But compared to everything else in fo4, this thing is too small. It's smaller than a floppy disk. It is not clear why in the world of Fallout there are such primitive televisions and such advanced storage media. How did this come to their mind? 😁

Edited by South8028

Good news: We got Seek() working.

Yeah, the scaling in the game is off on all counts: The toilet plunger, for example, is just absolutely enormous and a light switch is a big as a human head.

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, niston said:

Good news: We got Seek() working.

Yeah, the scaling in the game is off on all counts: The toilet plunger, for example, is just absolutely enormous and a light switch is a big as a human 

The result was such a player. I think with the textures it will look like a cross between the 70s and steam punk.Tomorrow I'll think about how to smooth out this edge on the nixie block. So that there is a smooth transition and no sharp edges. So that all lines are smooth. I'll have to cut it off. Otherwise I won't be able to smooth it out.

WT111.jpg

Edited by South8028
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, niston said:

Well, I'm personally absolutely not into the steampunk style.
But the player will serve it's purpose and I'm sure some ppl will absolutely love it.

I just wanted to copy the magnavox vh8200. But the problem is that there has to be vinyl on top of the system. The top tray is blocked. If you make a straight facade, you will get some kind of modern system. It needs to be something in the style of at least the 70s. They just loved all sorts of strange-looking rounded shapes. I think I'll make it look presentable. You just need to be as detailed as possible and smooth everything out.

15 hours ago, niston said:

Well, I'm personally not into the steampunk style.
But the player will serve it's purpose and I'm sure some ppl will absolutely love it.

Can we make a horizontal nixie? This model came out better. The holotape is a very small size and I couldn’t find anything for this size among VCRs, except for photos of some magnavox from the late 70s, early 80s. The result will be the smallest device among our equipment.

magnavox1.jpg

magnavox2.jpg

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, niston said:

You really hate this holotape player thing, do you? 😄

Well, I don't hate it. I just don't know what to do with him. These things, holotapes, seem to be from some other game. When I look at them, nothing but a personal computer comes to mind. Is this a bad model? I thought she looked good.There are 6 buttons, 8 indicators, 2 knobs for adjusting something (these knobs have their own counters under the glass), a large horizontal Nixie screen under glass with a niche for Nixie.

Edited by South8028

It's not "bad" and the nixies can be oriented horizontally without issue.
But it doesn't really fit in with the rest of the HiFi style gear IMHO.

I can however work with both the steampunk variant and this portable thing.