A way to add tracks?

One more thing re volume knob: It would be good* if the position frames were very short in duration. Dont know what MAX uses for units, but In nifscope, duration would be like 0.003 or smaller even.
There does not need to be animation of movement between positions; The steps will be so small that it'll look perfect with the knob "jumping" from position to position.

* short duration good, because each animation state frame will be played from script and selected animation frame will complete playback almost instantly. It will be possible to quickly adjust volume.

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, niston said:

One more thing re volume knob: It would be good if the position frames were very short in duration. Dont know what MAX uses for units, but In nifscope, duration would be like 0.003 or smaller even.
There does not need to be animation of movement between positions; The steps will be so small that it'll look perfect with them "jumping" from position to position.

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/0zfaZcvvV0OarA

Late. I did it already. Line graph of 4 frames for each sequence. I didn't have time to read your addition. I thought, on the contrary, to make it smoother. Hurry up. 🙂 1 second = 30 frames in 3ds.1.0 in Nifscope is also equal to 30 frames.

Edited by South8028
  • Like 1

It's why I prefer planning of such things via discord. Delay in messages via nexus system is just too long for quick thinking 😄
But the knob animations look good. It will be possible to work with it.

Btw, to make smoother, add more positions. Volume is expressed as float between 0 ... 1.0. So it's possible to create very fine steps, if so desired (like 100 positions or more, even).
But adjusting through more positions will ofc take more button presses (each activation of E or R adjusting by one step). So I thought 20 positions may be a nice trade-off.
Detecting button hold (push E and keep it pushed down) is unfortunately not reliably possible, afaik - The script will always just get 1x Activation per key press, no matter how long you keep the key pressed down.

1 minute ago, niston said:

It's why I prefer planning of such things via discord. Delay in messages via nexus system is just too long for quick thinking 😄

But the knob animations look good. It will be possible to work with it.

Well, I can quickly redo it if it's critical. There will be 1 frame for each sequence.

I don’t use Discord because I don’t understand anything there. 🙂 It didn’t seem very convenient to me. There are no lags in Nexus. All comments are published instantly. I just read your messages on my phone, it’s more convenient for me. Accordingly, when I sat down at the computer, I did not look at the phone.

That's cool with me if u don't like discord. It's just a preference and we can keep conferring here.

I have an exam in 2 days at uni, so I will be spending time to learn stuff. Will get back to this when either done with exam, or having an epiphany about some issue with the audio thingy.

23 minutes ago, niston said:

That's cool with me if u don't like discord. It's just a preference and we can keep conferring here.

I have an exam in 2 days at uni, so I will be spending time to learn stuff. Will get back to this when either done with exam, or having an epiphany about some issue with the audio thingy.

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/qsHmmG7amNeafw

ready. 1 sequence = 1 frame

• Like 1