MO2 messed up my mod list

Atlusny

I'll start by mentioning that everything is ordered by priority and it's filtered by No Groups. 

Today after I opened MO2 I saw a bunch of mods being out for place, but not all of them. All separators are in order, big mods are are in their place, but some of their patches are not. For example, Moonpath to Elsweyr and it's patches were in their place, but Music - Weather and Other Fixes was thrown way. The same for Gray Cowl of Nocturnal and it's HD pack being in place, but the flora overhaul and the Retexture were sent down the list under different separators. 

The mods that got displaced were arranged nearly in alphabetical order, but not all of them as they got mixed with other that kept their place. 

That might be the game itself doing that, not MO.  Which game version are you running, and which version of Engine Fixes (if you have it) and MO2?

Also, do you have a backup of your old order -- via the Backup and Restore buttons at the top of the pane?

Posted (edited)

Yeah the same happened to me, I think in my case it was doing things fast and switching in and out of various programs and tabs on MO2 at the same time.

So the Mo2 mods pane has so many colors if you don't pay attention you might end up in a situation where a whole bunch of your mods have actually been selected by you, and since you tabbed out of that pane the entire selection list of mods turned light gray, but they are still selected when you went to do something different and forgot.

Then when you tried switching back to the mod pane you actually dragged all those selected mods into a different position so your mod list got totally screwed.

If you were thinking about 5 different things and had 10 windows open at the same time, you may not have noticed that's what actually happened.

Notice how the mod pane has alternating gray and white and then the selection is bright green until the moment you switch panes when that becomes gray too, so lots of white and gray there, so might miss the fact you have a bunch selected when the focus is not on that pane.

Edited by szmnozi