Infinite Loading After Launch (No mods, fresh install)

Anieu

Hello,

I wanted to get back in to Skyrim after a while, but after installing it again and removing all mods (before launching it the first time after a fresh install) I can only get past the very first screen with the Bethesda logo, then I am met with an infinite loading screen with the Skyrim logo and in the bottom right corner a infinite spinning loading icon. 

Has anyone encountered this before? Was the recent update so bad as to break the game like this? I was sure I disabled all mods before beginning again.

Thanks

Posted (edited)

If you're using the Steam version, maybe Verify Integrity of Game Files, in case something went missing in the update.  Or delete everything in your ...\Skyrim\Data\ folder and reinstall; maybe a few mod files were left behind.

Edited by AaronOfMpls

16 hours ago, AaronOfMpls said:

If you're using the Steam version, maybe Verify Integrity of Game Files, in case something went missing in the update.  Or delete everything in your ...\Skyrim\Data\ folder and reinstall; maybe a few mod files were left behind.

That did it, not sure what files were lingering but the uninstaller must've missed at least one.

Nuked the Data folder then uninstalled and reinstalled. Now to mod it again and hope I'm not the one breaking it this time lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anieu said:

Now to mod it again and hope I'm not the one breaking it this time lol

Well, as at least one main-menu mod out there put it...

74179-5-1457814341.png