Trouble Shooting

Blinkybubs

My game is having an issue where it starts off, shows the beth intro and the immediately crashes to desktop. I removed a bunch of mods and it is still doing this. Any tips where to start would be greatly appreciated.

Crashing before the main menu typically means one (or more) of your mods is missing a master plug-in. Your mod manager, or LOOT, should be able to tell you where the problem is.

When in Vortex, go to the 'Plugins' selection on the left, and click on it.  Then, go to the column header labeled 'Flags', then select the filter "LOOT Messages".  That should show you all plugins with problems identified by LOOT, click on the individual 'balloons' to see the problem(s).  You could also use the "Warnings" filter afterwards, to see if anything else has been identified.  This will not help you with mods that do not have plugins, such as landscape texture mods.

There were a lot, I disabled some and removed others but a lot of them are requisites of a lot of other mods like skyui for example. What do I do, try to reinstall them from scratch?

Well, if you didn't, it would help to actually read the messages and warnings.  They could help decide on what option(s) you have to remedy the problems.  Take a screenshot  of any warnings you do not understand, and post a few at a time here.  SkyUI needs SKSE, so if there was a warning for SkyUI, you either have the wrong version of SKSE, or SkyUI for your game.  If you tried to 'recycle' Skyrim LE mods in your LO, then you will have a lot of warnings.

Posted (edited)

How do I access the compatibility patches in the plugin? Also when I use the compatibility notes link, it says not found. I'm not sure how to find that information. Also a for instance, I chased down some compatibility patches for apocalypse. It says it still has wild edits to remove "cell 00009b79" how do I do that?

Screenshot 2024-05-26 180227.png

Edited by Blinkybubs

Your games crashing because you're missing master files, It says so to the top right.

You need to enable the necessary prerequisite ESPs. Press more on the warning, it should give you details on what you're missing.

Posted (edited)

It does tell me which ones to enable but even with filters I can not find them in the plugins. I've even reinstalled them and I can't see where they are. How do I find them?

(Update)I have isolated the two missing masters but when I correct the issue by reinstalling the mods the game won't start. When I uninstall them the game starts but there are two missing masters. Beyond that are the other mods flagged by loot necessarily an issue?

Edited by Blinkybubs