Girls of Skyrim by Basskimm

t3xx3r

Is it me or has anyone ever noticed NexusMods has been purging a lot of the files for our favorite games lately?

The link to Girls of Skyrim is not working.  It appears that Basskimm no longer maintains this mod.  Then there are other mods that I wanted to look into.  It appears the mod list is shrinking on Nexus.

Are there reasonable explanations to why this mod, and others, don't show up anymore?

I believe the author of that mod took it down themselves for some reason - and they haven't been online here since 2017. As for other mods, could be the same - the authors removed them, some might have met with staff removals, but without specific examples I can't be sure.

Lot of authors disagreed with a policy change to uploaded files made a while back, and where given a window to remove their content from the site if they wished to avoid the change, and a few did.

Also could be they no longer wished to (or couldn't) maintain the mods and felt removing them was their best option. Unless someone states why they've removed their content, it's anyone's guess - which can be troublesome due to people's tendancy to follow rumors which usually ends up being wrong anyway.

17 hours ago, TheVampireDante said:

Lot of authors disagreed with a policy change to uploaded files made a while back, and where given a window to remove their content from the site if they wished to avoid the change, and a few did.

Yup, when Collections were being introduced, Nexus changed it so files "deleted" from a mod page would be hidden instead of deleted, so as not to break collections that rely on specific files.  Hidden files can still be downloaded outside a collection, too, if you know the file's URL.

As I recall, Arthmoor was one of the more prominent dissenters; he removed most of his mods, but kept up the Unofficial LE and SE Patches and a few others.  He still has them all on his own site though.

17 hours ago, TheVampireDante said:

Also could be they no longer wished to (or couldn't) maintain the mods and felt removing them was their best option.

Yup, I've seen cases of that too.  Though these days, some sign their mods over to the Caretaker now that it's an option.