MB:Bannerlord modding through Vortex is ruined...?

Go to solution Solved by ZoldFrog,

Wth happened to modding Bannerlord through vortex? Some update just happened to vortex and now i cant manage the game anymore, going back to older version of vortex doesn't work either?! 

• Like 3

welcome, now you are a true member of nexus.

things like this happen every now and then with the mod manager from nexus.

It's really funny as just a month ago the modding community went crazy about Bethesda. Now nexus saw this and decided "we can top it" by making the mod manager stop working.

Why not having both ways until the new plugin is known to be working. It's out for a few hours with already at least 3 updates. 2 of them not working and the last refusing to install completely.

Give the team around that plugin a bit of time. I'm sure they will get it to work.

Are you getting this error as well? Just updated and got the note that I needed to install Mount and Blade II Bannerlord Vortex Support, did that now I am getting this when I want to activate Bannerlord in Vortex.

Bannerlord2.PNG

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Stralf said:

Are you getting this error as well? Just updated and got the note that I needed to install Mount and Blade II Bannerlord Vortex Support, did that now I am getting this when I want to activate Bannerlord in Vortex.

Yes

If i activate another game. I can after activate bannerlord. But see this.

bannerlord.jpg

Edited by Saittam81
  • Like 1

Mods installation now looks like this:

Error: System.Xml.XmlException: Xml_MessageWithErrorPosition, Xml_InvalidRootData, 1, 1
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception) + 0x4b
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String, String) + 0x8f
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseRootLevelWhitespace() + 0x18e
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent() + 0x1df
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument, XmlReader, Boolean) + 0xc4
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader) + 0x69
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(String) + 0xff
   at Bannerlord.LauncherManager.Native.Bindings.GetModuleInfoWithMetadata(param_string*, param_string*, param_string*) + 0xc8
    at BannerlordModuleManager.getModuleInfoWithMetadata (C:\Users\null\AppData\Roaming\Vortex\plugins\Vortex Extension Update - Mount and Blade II Bannerlord Vortex Support\index.js:69:46)
    at installModule (C:\Users\null\AppData\Roaming\Vortex\plugins\Vortex Extension Update - Mount and Blade II Bannerlord Vortex Support\index.js:2327:76)
    at tryCatcher (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\util.js:16:23)
    at C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\method.js:15:34
    at Object.install (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\renderer.js:10093:35)
    at C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\renderer.js:4393:11
    at tryCatcher (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\util.js:16:23)
    at Promise._settlePromiseFromHandler (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:547:31)
    at Promise._settlePromise (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:604:18)
    at Promise._settlePromise0 (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:649:10)
    at Promise._settlePromises (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:729:18)
    at _drainQueueStep (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:93:12)
    at _drainQueue (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:86:9)
    at Async._drainQueues (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:102:5)
    at Async.drainQueues (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:15:14)
    at process.processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:95:5)

12 hours ago, Stralf said:

Bannerlord2.PNG

Yep, having this issue as well. Any solution yet>? anyone?

This is just my experience so this may not fit y'alls situations:

After reading the Modding.wiki --> "Two Major Announcemnts for the Bannerlord's Modding Ecosystem"

I downloaded the BLSE( Already linked by @ZoldFrog earlier in this thread)

Then on the dashboard on vortex with Bannerlord selected as my managed game

I went to tools and made the "Bannerlord Software Extender LauncherEx" the "primary" (What vortex will launch the game with by default when hitting the play button)

After that a launcher opens that looks similar to the vanilla, go to the mods and enable all the mods you have enabled in vortex.

Then hit play and continue your conquest of Caldradia.

I also did some spring cleaning of mods that I wasn't using anymore but I am unsure if that had any affect on the end result.

All right, at no point in my life have I ever had Mount and Blade installed.

Yet since yesterday I've been getting constant error messages and demands to restart Vortex every two minutes for updates to the Mount and Blade extension.  Tried disabling it, get even more error messages.